pioneer sx-780

Its appears to be a nice unit.
However I dont agree with everything in the description.
Some of it is just to hype his own unit.

Dating that Pioneer

August 78(YH), made for the USA market (KU) I have the correct list for dating. . . Basically all Pioneers from 70-85 are 1 year older than was thought.

YH= 1978-Aug now before KU meant Aug 79. . .

KU = For US market

BTW thats a nice 780. . .
Remember this;
Here is just a sampling of info about SX-780's from the 3rd Edition Spec Bible. It's not even the regular specs information area, just some partial footnotes from one page.

SX-580, SX-680, SX-780, and SX-880 were available in four versions: KC (Canada), KU (USA), S (General Export), & S/G (US Military)

SX-590, SX-690, SX-790, and SX-890 are SX-580, SX-680, SX-780, & SX-880, respectively, with a black dial scale, rather than silver, & were available in two versions: HG and KU

SX-750, SX-780, SX-790, SX-790/W4, SX-850, SX-880, SX-890, and SX-890/W4 were manufactured in Japan

Last edited:
From the auction:

"This receiver was MADE IN JAPAN (the only true collectable version) and also has the famed Darlington Power Packs. For those who don't know about the Darlingtons, when Pioneer first came out with this receiver, they used inferior output power packs. Pioneer soon learned of the problem and started using the Darlingtons early on in production."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

STK-0050 = Darlington Power Pack, whether it says "Darlington" on it or not.

Some people really need to research before spouting stuff. That said, had I the scratch I'd nab this fella, I love a good 780 and one with the box would be a nice piece to hang on to.

TP

Hype

STK-0050 = Darlington Power Pack, whether it says "Darlington" on it or not."

I think some people talk just to hear their head rattle. . . . I have heard this before when I was selling 780s. . . the two most common questions I got were "Where was it made" and the other was "Look underneath and tell me what it says on those power pacs"

I have seen them listed as a "secret" upgrade that only the best techs were aware of. . .

Anything to sound bigger or to make a sale. . . I let my camera do the talking. . .

Back
Top Bottom