Pioneer SX-780

steve2

:banana: This one is probably the best that I have found, with new Darlington packs replaced it's like new. I also have a Yamaha surround sound receiver. It cannot compare to the power and warmth of the 780. I have an SX-636 with a serviced amp... the only problem is the dial lamps are out on the left side... look like they are tough to get to. I know they are fuse type lamps, is it a hassle to remove the faceplate and knobs to replace them? I have the lamps but just want to know the right way to get to them...

I am always surprised at how much PUNCH and power the SX receivers have. All of the new stuff and other old stuff I've heard doesnt even compare in this department. I dont know how they did it...but I REALLY dont know why they stopped doing it.

On my SX-535, I don't have to remove the faceplate to replace the dial lamps. You have to open the cover, remove some screws and then you can lift the "lamp holder" up at one side (the other side than where the wires are connected) and easily replace the lamps. I can do it in less than 5 minutes, even when the unit is powered on.

I have not gotten into it yet, but I will try it. I am used to replacing the small bulbs in the SX-550, for instance, where they are easy to get to. I also have an SX-820 that I had to replace the two dial lamps, done with ease. The lamp sockets were dry and one cracked, I guess due to age but the lamps lit fine.

That classic Pioneer sound keeps rolling...

Sugardawg34 said:
I am always surprised at how much PUNCH and power the SX receivers have. All of the new stuff and other old stuff I've heard doesnt even compare in this department. I dont know how they did it...but I REALLY dont know why they stopped doing it.

I don't know but they rock... Considering turning back my years a bit and purchasing a turntable to test the phono input...

Be careful with the turntable idea, I bought one a couple of years ago to transfer some albums, now up to 9 and a fistful of cartridges to boot, still haven't transferred anything, very cool watching (and hearing) those LP's spin.

Pioneer SX-550, replacing Dial Bulbs... and Peng! no more Voltage ( 7,3 AC)

Hi Guys,
Iam very sad!

Found new Original Bulbs in a small Store in Zurich ( Switzerland ).
Finally i compare the light Intensity with the one old workin.

Then,,, shame on me!
I make a close court between the wires ( black and blue ).
So, you can imagine, what happen: there is no more Voltage on the Wires.
:naughty:

Hmm.. shi*t happens, yes!

Do you know, wich transistor, or fuse was blow? I cant find any burned fuses!
Please help!

Darko :worried:

Problem fixed

:banana:

Fuses was down. They are 2 Fuses 1.0 & 1.5 A under
the Power Switch - Speaker Switch.
Both was dead. Replaced - and :smoke:

:lmao:

Darko

Back
Top Bottom