Pioneer SX-950 Receiver Question

MacCat

I have a Pioneer SX-950 Receiver.
This Receiver is 43 years old and i can remember in my younger days of youth me using
Pledge Wax on this receiver to keep it clean and shiny. I haven't done that for decades as i have learned that is a no no.
I am now re-doing the metal vent cover which looks terrible. I looked at it and thought "Did this black metal vent originally have a gloss, semi gloss or satin black?"
Does anyone here know for that answer? I want to do it correctly.

This is a closeup of mine. Looks grainy matte. Hope this angle helps. If not, I can do again.

Attachments

• 950 top.jpg
    950 top.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 31
Thanks for the response and photo.
Now i have to figure out how to duplicate this.
Again thank you.

I use black hammered Rust-Oleum looks close to original but I think better.

I just finished painting the cover. I steel wooled the vent carefully and i used Rustoleum Spray Satin. It came out perfectly. It shows the flakes that were on it before and had a slight gloss. It looks like the photo you sent me “oldpioneer”. I almost bought the Gloss Hammered Paint. I painted the bottom plate as well. I just received the newly
Crafted Walnut cover from “Sawdust” a member on this site. It is gorgeous. Mighty fine Craftsmanship there. Tomorrow i will assemble it all and start jamming again. I thank you all for the help. It is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• C30D6B86-373B-425D-8BDA-3881BAC433B5.jpeg
    C30D6B86-373B-425D-8BDA-3881BAC433B5.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom