Pioneer SX-950 wont come out of protection

If tested on a 4000 terra-ohm scale, it might be a question. However, if tested on a diode/junction test scale, it's very likely shorted.

I am using a fluke 101 which has an automatic feature.
Is that accurate to the point that would indicate those transistors are shorted ?

It appears that the 101 does not include any feature which allows the range to be locked in or selected, with full-time auto-anging only. That can make it a little tricky to get very finite measurements sometimes.

I am using a fluke 101 which has an automatic feature.
Is that accurate to the point that would indicate those transistors are shorted ?

Just select Ω and do not press the yellow button for diode test. Give us the reading again across the emitter and the collector.

For Q7 across E C reads .3 ohms

For Q1 across E C reads O.L
For Q3 across E C reads O.L

in fact, no activity at all on the ohm setting for Q1 and Q3 for any of the leads

sounds like Q7 is toasted, always measure device leads switching probe polarities to test semiconductor junctions
Try the diode function to measure known good parts so you can get familiar with your DMM

Look at the specs for a KSC2690AY. Add a 6043BG heat sink and it should outperform the 2SC1628. Pinout is still different, however.

When I search that part number it gives me a few options. Not sure which on to choose
Watthour is correct. When searching Mouser, it's best to put the Mouser part number in the search bar.
This is the transistor you need to order from Mouser. 512-KSC3503DSTU
The 512-KSC3503ESTU is obsolete.
512-KSC2690DSTU transistor
532-6043BG heat sink

Last edited:
I get 2 day shipments from both Mouser and digi-key. Always order at least $100 to get free courier shipping, duties includes. fantastic service, without fail, check with them wants up.

Back
Top Bottom