Pioneer SX-950

Richard D

950 has been sold

Hello eveyone, All that's left is the Sony DD turntable.

Last edited:
Richard D said:
Hello eveyone, I was just left a home system that has a little bit of everything ,Pioneer SX-950, Sony DD Turntable,SAE stereo 1/3 octave graphic eq anyway, is the pioneer sx-950 worth selling? I have read it puts out between 80 watts per channel to 190 watts per channel, Can someone give me advice on this amp? Thanks,
Richard.

Richard -- It's about 85 w/ch. But, it's a KEEPER. They don't go for much on E-Bay, however, in day to day use, you'll never notice the difference between the 950 and the 1050 or 1250. Certainly if you decide to sell it, there are any number of folks here that would be interested in buying it.

Last edited:
Hi Steve & all, The reason I would be selling it is space, I am running out of space big time. For my main sysyem I am still using my Technics 1200, Crown IC-150, Crown DC-300A, ESS AMT ? with the Hiel air motion transformer and various tuners over the years. My email is dalk01@aol.com Plus I am sure that someone out there NEEDS a cassette deck that weighs as much as your car battery, Pioneer ct-f9191

Last edited:
The rated power for an SX-950 is 85wpc rms. I use one in my garage and love the sound. I've seen them go for $150-$200 on ePay.

Last edited:
Richard D said:
Hi Steve & all, The reason I would be selling it is space, I am running out of space big time. For my main sysyem I am still using my Technics 1200, Crown IC-150, Crown DC-300A, ESS AMT ? with the Hiel air motion transformer and various tuners over the years. My email is dalk01@aol.com Plus I am sure that someone out there NEEDS a cassette deck that weighs as much as your car battery, Pioneer ct-f9191

Hi Richard,
My suggestion would be to advertise anything you have for sale down in the members "Wanted/For Sale" forum. Just read the rules first, if you already haven't, and have at it. You'll get at least 10X as many looks down there. Most people will take some pictures of their equipment and advertise a fair price for them. Oh, and a small goodwill donation to Audio Karma from the sale also helps. Good luck!

Retro

Last edited:
Hey Retro I took your advice, sorry if I caused any problems, I will give AK a nice % of the sale price, Girlfriend comes back on the tenth so to keep promise stuff has to be gone by the ninth. But honey, I may need this B&K 1960s CRT checker! Nope, she won't buy it, some how she can tell when I am being less than truthfull.

Richard D said:
Hey Retro I took your advice, sorry if I caused any problems, I will give AK a nice % of the sale price, Girlfriend comes back on the tenth so to keep promise stuff has to be gone by the ninth. But honey, I may need this B&K 1960s CRT checker! Nope, she won't buy it, some how she can tell when I am being less than truthfull.

Hey Richard,
No problem at all. I just figured if you wanted to sell it a little quicker, the AudioKarma Classified's would be the way to go. Good luck!

Retro

The black SX-950

IM002505.jpg

Back
Top Bottom