Pioneer SX-990 dial pointer lamp

Tripqzon

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Not sure how to access the pointer lamp to replace it. Any help would be great!

Thanks

Been a while since I replaced the bulb on mine, but I recall the front panel needs to come off, then the dial face.

Yes, I replaced one a few months ago, a big PITA. Took me about 2 hours to do. As I recall, I did remove front panel, took the tuner cord off one of the rollers so there is slack. I then carefully and gently moved the pointer down at an angle until I could slide it out from under the dial. Doing that and reverse process to get it back in there was the worst. that pointer will flex a bit, but be very careful not to break it. Put an LED light in there so that it never has to be done again.

Just the bulb. Put an LED bulb in there so that I'd never have to do that job again!

You have to take the pointer assembly out as I mentioned, Then open up the box the bulb is in. As I recall there are a couple of metal strips you have to bend a bit to open the box and get the bulb out. I'm pretty sure it will not come out just by pulling on it. The bulb is larger than the wire leads.

What kind of a bulb is it? A "wheat" lamp with two flying leads? 6 or 8 volts? I'm thinking the bulb may be the same type as used for the source indicator bulbs that run along the front panel (IE-AUX, FM, PHONO, etc.), I think those are 8 volts on the Pioneers(?)

Back
Top Bottom