Pioneer SX-990 main amp problems

Discussion in 'Solid State' started by Stink Bear, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Stink Bear

Stink Bear New Member

Good news! The unit that wouldn't power up turned out to be an easy one. 2 fuses and it's up and running.

Stillhouse and Oldsansui441 like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Stink Bear

Stink Bear New Member

Gadget, I won't need any parts to make the latest stereo work, but the cabinet is pretty rough and one of the front panel ends has a decent sized ding in it.
    I'm thinking about whether to get another cabinet for it or not, shipping to Alaska gets expensive.
    I'm lacking a set of preamp/main jumpers, and I have no speaker plugs. I might be interested in those if you have them.

3. Oldsansui441

Oldsansui441 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Glad that was an easy fix.

4. Stink Bear

Stink Bear New Member

Me too. It's nice when you get lucky. It sounds really good.
    After listening to this latest unit I'm wondering if I still have a minor problem with the last one I fixed. I think the right channel is still slightly weaker than the left and it just doesn't sound as good as this latest one. I didn't take the time to check out the rest of the components in the right channel, I just put in the 6 transistors and 2 resistors.
    I think maybe the weak channel one may become my first refurb / recap project.

5. Oldsansui441

Oldsansui441 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sounds like a good candidate for this. It is great having 2-3 of the same model to compare operation, as you are able to.

6. Stink Bear

Stink Bear New Member

It's nice to have Polish blue prints as well.:)

Please register to disable this ad.