Pioneer TX-6700

mea2112

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just picked up my first tuner and I'm trying to remove and clean the faceplate. I removed the screws underneath the tuner and the knobs on the faceplate and I see the top cover fits into the inside upper part of the faceplate. How do you get the top cover and the faceplate separated?

First remove the side panels then the top and you will see 2 or 3 screws that hold the face plate on the top side ( under the top cover ).
Terry

I got the side panels off no problem. Got the screws out from the bottom part of the faceplate, but the top cover won't come off because there is something holding the top cover to the faceplate which I haven't been able to locate. I thought the faceplate screws would be on the top part of the faceplate, but they're actually on the bottom part. Any other ideas??

I just took a look at mine and the only thing holding the top on after the sides are removed is where it slides into the face plate. Unless it was glued together at some point it should slide back and come off.
Then you will see 2 screws that hold the top of the face plate.
If I had my camera here I would include a picture.
Terry

Thanks Terry! I'm thinking that it may be stuck a bit and I may not be pulling hard enough. I just don't want to damage the cover. I'll give it another try.

Finally got around to trying again and I finally got it. Sure enough, I just wasn't pulling hard enough. The thing I'm wondering now is where the dial and meter bulbs/lamps are? Is it possible this particular model didn't have lights of any kind, or am I just looking in the wrong places?

The one I have (in the office) has an LED on the tuning needle and one in each meter.
None on the dial or they may be out.
Terry

the tuning dial light is a small 8 volt(glued to the pointer), and the meter lamps are elongated (axial?) 8 volt soldered to the meter base, but I'm having a time locating replacements them without reference #'s :tears:

AK 47 said:
the tuning dial light is a small 8 volt(glued to the pointer), and the meter lamps are elongated (axial?) 8 volt soldered to the meter base, but I'm having a time locating replacements them without reference #'s :tears:

Well -- I just redid my sa-7700 which I believe has the same dial layout. I opted to replace each bulb with 2 leds facing down, and run all four in series with a resistor on the back end. It required a bit more soldering and changing the current wiring layout, but its forever. The power light is on 2v DC line on mine so it was an easy 1 to 1 swap with and led. If you are interested I could go into greater detail.

More here and pics: http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56716&highlight=7700

dew.

4 x 1 array uses 4 LEDs, Green 2.1v, 20mA (I think) from radio shack:

12v DC POS ---->|LED|---->|LED|---->|LED|---->|LED|---> R ----> NEG R = 180 ohm Resistor

Each dial gets two leds, soldered together and then to the existing lamp posts, and I changed the wires in back of the dials so that the right most is the positive input, then the middle two are linked together and the far left is the negative output and the resistor goes inline.

I used this site to make the circuit - has links to all kinds of led info: http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

Back
Top Bottom