Pioneer TX-8100 Problem

Texas42

I haven't used my SA-8100, TX-8100 combo much the past few months so powered them up today only to find the left channel is barely audible. I traced the problem down to the tuner instead of the amp as the reverse stereo and mono work fine with the amp. Also the CD player through the Auxillary input and another tuner worked fine as well. What type of things should I look for in fixing a tuner where one channel is almost completely out? I going to take it apart in a bit and see if I can locate a loose solder or burn out part. Just wondering if this is a common problem that is easily fixable or it is a sign of a major issue. Thanks for any inputs. Wasn't sure where to post this; Pioneer forum, Tuner forum, etc...

Tuner question.. tuner forum is good. I take it you have no output from the left channel of the tuner even in Mono. I'd try cleaning the switches and controls first. Muting relay could have a contact issue. Bad connections within the tuner or something in the mpx/audio circuit is fried.

X

I just set a TX-8100 to rest (by the curb) for mpx/audio circuit problems.
It had lots of burned components, more than repair was worth.
Ebay has 1 or 3 a month that work for 35.00 - 65.00.
Terry

Unican_Eric said:
By the CURB!!!, Damn I could have used the case as I need a new one for my TX-7100. :cry:
I salvaged the case, face plate, dial glass and other stuff but a buddy
needed most of it to rebuild his with. ( His toddler pulled it off a table )
I sure like the TX-8100 looks and sound and will get another some day.
Terry :thmbsp:

txsviking said:
I salvaged the case, face plate, dial glass and other stuff but a buddy
needed most of it to rebuild his with. ( His toddler pulled it off a table )
I sure like the TX-8100 looks and sound and will get another some day.
Terry :thmbsp:

Ok that gets you off the hook....lol
I am glad that they will be used to bring another back even if its me that didnt get it. :thmbsp:

Well, after taking it apart and looking it over closely (not that I know 'exactly' what I am looking for...). I found two things: 1., The protection fuse had blown (which was promptly replaced) and 2. My somewhat expensive audioquest cables (left cable specifically) had a loose solder point. Hmmm, problem with the left channel not working and a left cable that needs repaired... Can't believe I didn't change out the cables first. Works great now! Glad I didn't have to put 'er down.

Back
Top Bottom