1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer TX-9800 alternative cover

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by wfazevedo71, Sep 26, 2016.

1. wfazevedo71

wfazevedo71 New Member

Hi there, folks! I'm a newbie here and I have a question: I just recently got a Pioneer TX-9800 tuner with the wood cover and since I also have the SA-9800 and the SG-9800 with metal covers I think it will be easier to replace it to metal too so I can have all of them with the same look. My question is: How hard or easy is to find a metal cover and or what other tuners will have the same metal cover (ie 7800, 708, 6800, 608)?
    Thank y'all!

2. busch63

busch63 New Member

Hi, IMHO it would be nicer you switch them all into wood case.
    ..regarding your question: any x800 gear, even Tuner or Amp will match your demand.
    (e.g. TX/SA 7800, TX/SA 8800,)
    You can try on yourself. Remove the case each of them and replace to check if it fits with SG. ....and so on.

3. Sam41

Sam41 New Member

Kind of late but i have one of these tuner with the steel case and i would like to switch for a wood case to match my amp. Let me know if you still want one.

4. a_retent

a_retent In memory of Daisy Mae

I'll do it!
    PM me please.