Pioneer TX D1000 tuner humming?

jannyman

Found Pioneer TX D1000 from yardsale. Works well, exept annoying humming (both canals). Probably capacitor(s)? Any idea where to start, blue or black ones?

Both channels is most likely going to be POWER SUPPLY. Get the MANUAL and read the schematic, and figure out which ones are the Main Filter caps. Replace those 1st. Stick STRICTLY WITH THE POWER SUPPLY. DO NOT GET INTO THE TUNER SECTIONS as you can mess with the alignment with cap changes there.

John; This isn't a receiver, it's a tuner. A bit of refinement in cap replacements are warranted here as it's all digital. put in the wrong cap and it could change alignment.

Larry

make sure your cables/grounds are good first.
if you want to isolate the faulty part, you can try to measure the hum/noise AC component on the power supplies with a DMM.
if you are going to change ecaps in the PS you can use Nichicon low ESR type such as UPW or panasonic FM types, just make sure of size, lead spacings, capacitance and voltages, as long as they match, you will be okay.

This is getting interesting. I spayed some CRC ( precision cleaner) to the circuit board, and brushed is carefully with a soft brush. The humming is allmost gone now? Just a slight humming can be still heard. What an earth could be the cause? Cant't be the caps. or the power supply? I checked all the joints, couldn't find any loose ones. Really, can dirt cause humming? After cleaning the circuit board it allmost solved the problem :S

Weird as it is, dirt or grime can conduct, good find. Sometimes it is best not to rush into changing parts.
See why it is hard to troubleshoot over the net when you can solve a problem as you have done. So I should start with, clean the crap out first and then report back :)
I just serviced a JVC R-X60 it was just a slimmy mess, took longer to clean than find the faults. Oilly slim conducting across components can cause all kinds of issues.

Problem solved! One capacitor was dead. Recapped 7 capacitors before found the right one. The one on the right, 16V 1000uf. Looks ok, but obviously is dead, cause replacing a new one, humming is gone. I have no capacitor tester, so its just to recap, and see what happens.

14367165975.jpg

Marked here with red arrow.

67591453297.jpg

TX D1000 was one of Pioneer's top line tuners, so it was worth recapping, in my opinion. Thanks for answers.

@jannyman
I found this thread as I have exactly the same problem with my TX D1000. Unfortunately I can not open the pixs in your post to locate the capacitor you changed. Can you please post the pic?
Regards oliaros

Back
Top Bottom