Pioneer VSA 9500 Why no info?

Moth R. Superior

Can anybody tell me anything about the Pioneer VSA 9500 that I just picked up? Every blasted Google search, chatboard search, and picture either takes me directly to the SA 9500, or the VSX 9500.
I cannot find ANYTHING about this A/V unit.

I thank you all.

Last edited:
With a voltage selector like that it must be an international version, and it looks like a pretty nice unit too. I'd start searching old brochures, those transformers must have demanded at least one blurb...

With a voltage selector like that it must be an international version, and it looks like a pretty nice unit too. I'd start searching old brochures, those transformers must have demanded at least one blurb...
Yes, I thought that a google search would at least turn up something. Other than a couple photos, that leads to what looks like an out of date
sales page, all in Russian, nada.
If I had an idea what era (I'm guessing early-mid 90's?) it would help. :dunno:
I does resemble that VSA 950D, quite a bit. Maybe tracing info about one of those may lead me to this version.
Ooohh the hunt is on! :naughty:
It sounds pretty good as well. I'll have to test drive it for a bit and see what it's capable of!

Well, from comparing the pics carefully, it looks identical to the VSA 950D, only black.
All of the jacks match up, however I can't find a comparative picture of the voltage selector.
Info on the VSA 950D says it was never available to North America, and this one appears to be an even harder to find version of it.
This is what I found about the VSA 950D:
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/deta..._pioneer_vsa950d_51_champagne_integrated_amp/

The description of the features, and the build are spot on. But I still can't find a shred of info about this variation.

Are you missing your Front & Rear pre -out loops? This is my VSX-9500S photo.

Attachments

• IMG_3558.JPG
    IMG_3558.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom