pioneer vsx-1017txv has landed!!!

jami w.

just being me thats all
the seller packed this thing to survive a 30' drop!! this thing is a beast came with everything- remote, manual all paperwork.
no scratchs, no dings, no dents im pleased.20180502_120913.jpg20180502_120303.jpg20180502_120225.jpg20180502_115946.jpg15252778195071988641656.jpg

Last edited:
That's fast! Congratulations.
Let us know when you get it running. :)
its up and running now, just finished running all speaker wires, ps3, bluray player into reciever- all hdmi connections. and the one hdmi out from reciever into flatscreen (hdmi arc) trying to figure out how to pull up pioneer menu on tv screen now to get sub working from reciever.

sounds beautiful always loved my pioneer systems

and the marantz is going to a friend of mine and his wife. they've never had surround sound before, an i figured the marantz would be a good start for them :)

its up and running now, just finished running all speaker wires, ps3, bluray player into reciever- all hdmi connections. and the one hdmi out from reciever into flatscreen (hdmi arc) trying to figure out how to pull up pioneer menu on tv screen now to get sub working from reciever.

sounds beautiful always loved my pioneer systems

Did the receiver come with the MCACC microphone? If so, you should run the software set up routine. It would recognize the sub and set it's levels. If not, page 40 of the manual covers a hands on procedure to get things going.

Also, there's a "System SETUP" front panel button, that allows you to access the menu. This will display settings on the front display. Use the "Multi Jog" knob to scroll through the settings.

Last edited:
Did the receiver come with the MCACC microphone? If so, you should run the software set up routine. It would recognize the sub and set it's levels. If not, page 40 of the manual covers a hands on procedure to get things going.

Also, there's a "System SETUP" front panel button, that allows you to access the menu. This will display settings on the front display. Use the "Multi Jog" knob to scroll through the settings.

yes it came with the room mic, im mainly just now taking care of speaker wires along the corner of ceiling an the walls hiding them as best as i can. just to get a clean look.
and figuring out best way to mount the two speakers to the ceiling. for overhead sounds watching movies. im running 2 channel mode for time being. i found out that i cant use hdmi cable to pull up the in depth menu on tv screen. its the old fashioned compisite rca cables. lmaoooo so i have to get a set tomorrow. which is'nt a big deal. i need a couple pairs anyhow for when i hook up a cdp and tape deck. which will be in a few weeks.
it'll match the pioneer lcd flatscreen ill be getting for helping a friend move. a nice 50"
and another friend and his wife are moving 2 houses down from me. their getting the marantz, their first time having surround sound so im pleased.

Last edited:
im painting living room walls and ceiling this month, so speakers and cables will be coming down anyhow while im painting and until the paints fully dry.
im thinking of using a thick sheet of styrene for ceiling speakers an having a 4" lip along the edges. so the frame hangs 4" below ceiling.

if any one has any ideas? im open an game to try them out :)

Back
Top Bottom