PIONEER VSX-529 Temporary Black Screen Problem

gtaliakis

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my newly bought Pioneer VSX-529.
I have plugged on it my pc via HDMI cable on the HDMI input. With another HDMI cable, is send the output to my LG Flatron tv.

When I open, close or just refresh a youtube video (doesn't happen with games or local videos) or other videos from the web, my screen temporarilly goes black (for 3-5 secs). The audio is still playing while the screen is black.

I checked the cables, replaced them with high speed hdmi cables but nothing changed. It is not a problem of the screen because, if the tv menu is open, the pc image goes black while the menu is still on.

I tried to send the input directly, without amplifying it but nothing changed.

Also, my pc never does it when it is connected to the screen alone. It is not a problem of the videocard or any component of the pc itself.

Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance

IMO it's the result of the handshaking protocols that are inherent in any HDMI connection.

look for the pin 13 fix [ i ended up opening the cable and cutting 13] you can now buy adapters for this
it solved my issues
there is till a hand shake if she turns the tv on it lasts maybe 5 secs .. sound drops out as tv boots
the pc is not effected by the tv ..video works fine at all times ... the pc and avr are never shut off

you could try shutting off arc and or cec in the tv menu

Back
Top Bottom