PIX(s) of System!

MikE

Color Me Gone
As requested. Welcome to my time machine. Enjoy!

MikE

Last edited:

Side angle shot of RCA 5u4 rectifier. There's another peak at the copper binding posts along with Shunyata Sidewinder power cord and my DIY 24awg solid silver / 20awg teflon speaker "cables". Over the shoulder of the amp is one of the Rosewood finished Silverline Sonatinas.

MikE

Last edited:

That BLK box: Shunyata Hydra PLC, resting on a 6" block of polished granite! Those pythons snarling around the back of the line conditioner are BMI Whale Elite power cords feeding my front-end. Another glimpse of those tiny 24awg silver speaker cables next to the "audiophile grade" Silverline Audio cables.

MikE

Last edited:

View from my "off stage" pc writing position on the chase lounge. This is an upclose shot, actually seating position is further back with listening position from sweet spot on leather sofa about 8' from the drivers. The clear "box" on the floor is the plexiglass amp cover. The footers between the granite amp platforms are a combo of B.D.R. carbon fibre "ThoseThings" bases and Vibrapods.

MikE

Last edited:

Close up of my front-end / granite amp platforms

MikE

Last edited:

Here's a better photo of the Rosewood Silverline Sonatinas.

MikE

Last edited:
Re: My Audiophile Toolbox!

Originally posted by MikE
MikE

MikE,
I had a thought. Remember how you mentioned that a Fi X's tube sockets should be inverted for the 45 to eliminate the possibilty of sag? Shouldn't that hold for storage as well?

If you invert that amp the LCR cap will be upright and all hell will break loose when you put the dust cover on.
As far as storing your 45s globe down who is to say which way they sag?
For an expert opinion I suggest you contact our esteemed vacuum tube expert in Maine, Mr C.T."Bud"Daniels.
After he gives it carefull thought follow your heart.
Mike, in all seriosness if you are worried about sag in your 45s then you just need to buy more and keep them rotated. A graph next the to tube cave where they hang upside down can help you keep track of the hours on the pairs.
I am so sorry as I know you are really worried about this and maybe rightly so but they after all just tubes. If they start to sag in middle age then no wonder they sound so lifelike.
As I continue to dig a deeper hole for myself just remember it is only HiFi and a hobby and that day when you find a box full of 45s remember Thor and give me some anyway.
Your Friend,
David

Back
Top Bottom