Playing digital files on my HIFI system

Well no go, all my music is ALAC or AIFF. On to the Raspberry Pi solution perhaps. Thanks for the info.

Well, an update. Got a raspberry pi 3 and installed runeaudio. Plugged in a usb drive with music and control via my phone or tablet. The device works perfect. Now if only I can configure it to use wifi direct then I won't even need a router. Thing is way cheaper than some of the other solutions I've looked at.

I am glad to hear that you are up and running. The RPi3 is cheap and flexible. Is the Pi plugged into your router? Wifi is pretty easy to setup. Are you using a USB DAC or the audio out or HDMI?

I run my Pi with squeezelite because I started with the squeezebox system. All the squeezeboxes eventually died and now I just use pogoplugs and the Pi.

I run retropie as my OS and use it to play old arcade games such as Galaga, Defender, Sonic and the like.

I am glad to hear that you are up and running. The RPi3 is cheap and flexible. Is the Pi plugged into your router? Wifi is pretty easy to setup. Are you using a USB DAC or the audio out or HDMI?

I run my Pi with squeezelite because I started with the squeezebox system. All the squeezeboxes eventually died and now I just use pogoplugs and the Pi.

I run retropie as my OS and use it to play old arcade games such as Galaga, Defender, Sonic and the like.
I'm using a Nuforce udac3 coaxial out to my integrated that has a built in dac. It works okay. The udac is not natively recognized so it hiccups sometimes. I might get an a digital out board so that I don't have he issue. When I used my Nuforce dda120 it was seenless as was the pi's line out. There are a lot of options so I'm happy. Also the pi3 has built in wifi so I'm using that thru a router but I hear that one can configure it to host wifi without a router direct to a wifi device like a phone that's the next step for me :)

Back
Top Bottom