Plea for Marantz cabinet plans, esp. WC-7

winters860

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I've pretty much accepted that I'm never going to find a WC-7 case for my 510M, as they almost never turn up without an amplifier already in them.

However, I'm eyeballing the WC-22 I have handy and I'm pretty sure with some detailed photos and measurements, I could probably draw up DIY WC-7 plans. Is there any community demand for this? Would anyone in the enviable position of having one of these cases be interested in helping out?

On that same note, there seem to be several Marantz cases that are similarly ubobtainium. I know there have been aftermarket plans drawn up for a lot of them already. Maybe we could host some of those plans here on AK?

My brother has built a couple custom cabinets for my 2270's.
I've got one in solid cherry, and the other in walnut.

I asked him if he's actually drawn up plans for the construction, if he has I'll send you a copy.

Attachments

• DSC_2033b.JPG
    DSC_2033b.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 133
The 510M manual specifies the WC-1U cabinet which my 510M fits nicely in. This cabinet has the adjustable bar for the rear mount to fit several other Marantz components of that era and are more commonly found. It can be somewhat cumbersome to install but when secured properly in place it fits fine.

Back
Top Bottom