Please be patient

Big G. volunteers and staff , Way cool working fast or faster than ever have a well deserved cold one take the rest of the weekend off and Monday too ! Myself and many others appreciate your hard work.!:banana:

Thank you! And MANY Thanks for all the work you're obviously doing behind the scenes we don't see and don't thank you enough for.

THANK YOU GRUMPY!!! And All those who volunteer their time to make this the best there is!

:banana:

EDIT: Next payday I'll do my part and subscribe. Now is it possible to do a monthly charge? If enough people did even a $5 a month subscription would that help? I'm not sure how things are setup to be handled and don't know if that's even a possibility, more expense unless a certain number commit, etc. Just a thought. If something like that is feasible I'm in!

Last edited:
Didn't even realize there was a news forum with threads like this...will come here in the future for reporting site problems and to find if its just me and a few others, or a problem under review. I disagree with the tone of many of the comments made in threads in other forums, and appreciate AK and those whose efforts are required to keep it going. :thmbsp:

May I also suggest that those threads in General Audio Discussion and any other forums are misplaced and should be moved here? They really aren't on topic for that forum, after all, and moving them (I see there are at least two now) will have the effect of alerting membership that they should be here.

Last edited:
Seems to be working fine from this vantage point.

Thanks Grumpy, Negotiable Terms, and all the others working behind the scenes, thanks for solving the problems and getting all of us back on track. :thmbsp::thmbsp:

Thanks Grumpy, Negotiable Terms, and all the others working behind the scenes, thanks for solving the problems and getting all of us back on track. :thmbsp::thmbsp:

+1
Also a thank-you to their families who hopefully support the hard work they do for us.

Yeppur!

Rome

Thank you all for being patient while repairs were made. Please post in the news forum if there is anymore issues.

Thank you
Grumpy

Hey Grumpy (Dave), your new avatar reminds me of Masterlu from AudioAfisionado; it's a nightmare! :D

Last edited:
Keeping a server running, especially one that makes as much use of SQL and PHP as large as this one, things are bound to happen.

Thanks to everyone who spent what I'm sure are hours getting this place back together. I've run servers, I know what its like.

I'd like to second the suggestion that comment suggesting that there be a notice about where posts about how the server is acting belong -- I have been wondering for a while about why the server was so slow, and then wondering why it was no longer so slow, but it was only by chance that I came upon a post that directed me to the AK News forum. In retrospect, its an obvious place, but I'd never noticed that it existed.
I think some of the posts were crankier than they needed to be be, but probably the posters were frustrated that they didn't know how to let Ak know, and didn't know how to find out what was up.

I dunno, but from my perspective the most average members here have a good sense of humor. ...Plus they are simply mentioning the facts for informative purpose mainly.

Someone doesn't know how to contact us?

Every AK page has a "Contact Us" link just above the banner farm.

I know there is a contact button, but I figured that the last thing Grumpy etc need when they are busy fixing problems is a cascade of individuals asking questions and demanding attention.
Hence the suggestion of a general announcement in a known location or format.

The AK News forum (this one) would be that location.

And Grumpy doesn't get the Contact Us emails. I do. :banana:

Back
Top Bottom