Please help

Zweezy73

Let me start by saying I am not very savvy when it comesto audio. I just love my music in its purest form. I've got a Pioneer SX1280. The majority of my records are in stereo so obviously I want to play them on stereo function. I've noticed that when I do so I get awesome sound from my left speaker. But when I move it over to right speaker only, the sound is very minimal. Like a whisper. I don't believe it's a speaker issue or a wire issue because when I put the receiver in mono mode noth speakers output are equal. Just at a lower and less powerful volume then even the one speaker running in stereo mode. Would love some input as to what might bethe issue. I could live with listening in stereo and basically only one speaker, but I'm not sure if that is too much on the one speaker. Please help!

reverse the two phono leads. if the problem moves, its in the turntable. If not, its in the receiver, probably in the phono preamp section since it works normally in mono.

if its the turntable, clean the connections on the phono cables, at the headshell if removable, and on the back of the cartridge where the wires connect. Also would be worth making sure the stylus is fully installed.

Back
Top Bottom