Please identify this part in the Yamaha cr840 tuner section

firealley

Hi folks,
During the air cleaning of my Yamaha cr 840 tuner section the air nozzle knocked this blue doohickey apart. I placed the blue top back on top for the photo. There are three parts that came apart : 1. blue top, 2. a very thin clear membrane( looks like silicone) and a crescent shaped metal piece. I think this adjusts the alignment? Can anyone out there help me out. Is it a piece that can be replaced and soldered ?
thanks
JGIMG_0005.jpg

It's probably the FM local oscillator trim cap, which affects where stations land on the dial scale. Does the manual give a value range for this component? You should be able to replace it with a variable cap having similar tuning range and then tweak it for correct station frequencies without needing other alignment tweaks.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike,
That might explain the fact that I couldn't dial in my favorite channel (88.1) before this happened. That's why I was blowing it out. The dial on my tuner could only reach to approx. 92.0 on the tuner. I'll look at the manual and see if I can figure it out. I don't have any electronics experience.
thanks,
Joe

Back
Top Bottom