Please save me time...what's worth watching on TV these days?

They've been battering at the gate with that up and coming "ITB" series,

As long as you don't expect Olivier, Jacobi, or Branagh to show up while suspending your disbelief, repeatedly, you'll be fine. I confess though, I am a sucker for martialy arts films from great to laugh-out-loud preposterous (cough, cough...Kung Fu Hustle) so I tolerate a lot before I call one bad. My wife however has a much lower threshold. Thumbs up from her on ITB too. The fights are not the only thing going for it but looks to be the small payoff in each ep. In the ep2 there is a melee suitable for the Axe Gang. Besides, if you have Netflix you already paid for it and you'll know in the first 10 minutes if you are going to stay with it.

Caught a rather strange TV effort last night called D.E.L.E.T.E. Not too sure at this point if it is a pilot or just this one time show?

It was going along great, then it changed into with a strange premise, and then turned into a "Men In Black" type of sci/fi genre. Spooks/monsters all over the place with all the special equipment to deal with them.

Was kinda enjoying the fast paced Swat teams going their stuff at the start, then the special effects hit the screen, and it morphed into something else.

Different. Any one else see this as well.

Q

"Bleak House" BBC production streaming from Amazon. On episode 3 of 8. FWIW I had trouble finding this on Roku and tried a Roku channel called "Drama Fever". I had streaming problems and dropped that network. It's mostly Korean drama.

Hey, an up date.

Found a few TV newcomers...the first, I started a thread to it..."The Son". Only caught the first two episodes and liked them both. The plot/characters/dialogue deserve a look.

"Colony" is finally making some progress as they've gotten outta the soapiness of this series, but still don't see how they can overcome their predicament short of a miracle, eh?

There's yet another, sci/fi series, can't think of the name, but it has a young kid who has some powers, but can't really control them.

"Into The Badlands" is starting to gain momentum, as it spun its wheels for a while, but the different sub plots kinda take it away from direction, but maybe that their intent to prolong the series?

POV's?

Q

It's over now, but "Big Little Lies" is really, really good. It's on HBO, though, so knowing them they'll rerun it ad infinitum, so if you see it there or elsewhere, watch it.

"Into The Badlands" is starting to gain momentum, as it spun its wheels for a while, but the different sub plots kinda take it away from direction, but maybe that their intent to prolong the series?

I liked it from the very first show. I had zero expectations and was completely surprised. The addition of Nick Frost for S2 is excellent as well as multiple story arcs.

Steady improvement show to show, good sets, & hilarious wire work. I only have one box available for mindless, farcical escapism and ITB checks it off.

I liked it from the very first show. I had zero expectations and was completely surprised. The addition of Nick Frost for S2 is excellent as well as multiple story arcs.

Steady improvement show to show, good sets, & hilarious wire work. I only have one box available for mindless, farcical escapism and ITB checks it off.

The more I see the more I wish they'd stay with the warrior type, who's trying to find his wife rather than share the other two sub plots.

Q

I don't disagree but think it will end up better for it.

Prob the writers will try to tie all three subs together... but still can't see how that kid they're grooming with the "powers" will be a fit? Often they tend to go overboard with the tyring to pull all the strings together and it just ends up being so contrived...as in the many series that I've stopped watching.

Wait 'n see, eh? Thanks for yer POV.

Q

Back
Top Bottom