Plugging in My Sub

Jack Keck

I built a sub for my home theater. The amp I used is similar to this one https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-spa500-500w-subwoofer-plate-amplifier--300-807 . As you can see, it does not have speaker inputs. My ht receiver died. I decided not to replace it and got a sound bar instead. I would like to use this sub with my Marantz Twenty-six receiver, which has no sub output and only one set of speaker outputs.

I am open to and would be grateful for any suggestions.

A poster on another forum suggested plugging the sub into the tape-out. I happened to have the necessary connector on hand, so I tried it.

Works great!

A poster on another forum suggested plugging the sub into the tape-out. I happened to have the necessary connector on hand, so I tried it.

Works great!

Adjusting the sub amp volume every time you adjust the receiver volume is no fun. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, having to readjust the sub level every time you change the volume of the receiver, presuming one desires a uniform level of bass, is why I did not suggest that option.

If one seldom varies the playback volume then I suppose it may not be too much of an inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom