The cost of the tweets is more than I paid for the speakers. Effort is not a problem for me thx.
Yes, it would cost $96 for the replacement tweeters. I understand the reluctance to commit. As the wise man said, nothing ventured, nothing gained. :(

If your gonna do the tweets you might as well recap. Now we are easily past 150. And so on and so on. Lol. Your preaching to the choir. I will have 194s in mine one day, and I will do it right. You do not have to convince me they are better. I am just saying to the op that the 2000s as imperfect as they may be are not what I would call aweful.

Looking back to the op and trying to help this person, I would have to say your onkyo will lend itself better to the 10s in question and your Marantz will the 7s. Good luck on your audio journey, its fun.

If your gonna do the tweets you might as well recap. Now we are easily past 150. And so on and so on. Lol. Your preaching to the choir. I will have 194s in mine one day, and I will do it right. You do not have to convince me they are better. I am just saying to the op that the 2000s as imperfect as they may be are not what I would call aweful.
Jon, I'm not trying to be argumentative either. You're absolutely right about the recapping, I was flabbergasted by the results. I regret that I sold my modded 7C's when I was transitioning to tubes and horn speakers, I should have just stuffed them into the back of the closet. I would do it all again if I came across a good deal on a pair. I'd most likely go all the way and use RDO-198's with the appropriate crossover modification.

I have moved on from my polks as well. They are in the garage and I still use em regularly. All the tweeter stuff aside I would have to say I have always been impressed with the bass. Hard to believe it's only one 6 inch driver. I used to laugh at passive radiators. Not any more. Great speakers for sure.

Sorry for the delay, thanks to everyone for the replies. While I was leaning towards the 7's I discovered that they had already been sold so I instead opted for the 10's. And man do they sound good, they blow my previous speakers well out of the water. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Congrats! Enjoy! Good idea now, remove the midwoofers and apply a bead of epoxy / loctite securing each magnet on top to the pole piece and below to the basket. This way they won't shift unexpectedly on you.

Two ideas if you experience any imaging issues - either turn them sideways, or dampen your outer midwoofers by installing some extra bracing / padding behind them (can't find the thread - it's on the Polk forums somewhere ... little help Jesse?).

Hi: Any one ever listened to Monitor 7s side by side to ADS L710? I have the ADS, but a pair of the Monitor 7 (with a buzzing mid range) are available locally to me. Which is the superior speaker? Thanks!

I would think the ADS's. That being said, you just might be surprised by the 7's.
If you can get the 7's on the cheap since they will need a driver replacement, they should be fun to play with. It will also depend on what version the 7's are. Do they have the earlier tweeter, or the later tweeters with the mylar dome? The earlier tweeter will be black with a small hole in the center. Thats the more desirable version for some.

Back
Top Bottom