Polk sda replacement cord?

All you need to do is blade to blade pin to pin for correct polarity. It will wake those up like Nothing special as to wire for the interconnect.

Once you upgrade those crossovers your going to want a heaver interconnect cable factory issue so don't waste money buying one.

What's a non-common ground amp?

Before you go any further I suggest using a Ohm meter to ID your amplifier.
Simple, meter set to RX1 and test seeing if the ground is common to both channels. Shows a short if common.

Power off unplugged......

It depends, what is your plans for the speakers? are they going to be long term keepers? What have your ears told you about them in their current state?

I always be under the impression they could kill an amplifier.
By dipping to very low impedance when driven.
Requiring a amplifier able to handle the load.

Plus something about connecting the two channels together and placement steered me away from the model.

Love my 12B's still to this day!

Buy the RD0-194's! I found the SL-2000's fatiguing. The RD0-194 's I can listen to for hours.

If the budget is tight, replace the capacitors with some non-polar electrolytes to bring the crossovers back to factory specs.

As long as you are neg ground amp that will tolerate dipping into lower OHM loads they are the bomb. Nice speakers. I have a pair and among all that I come into possession of they are some I keep and I have some heavy hitters.

I always be under the impression they could kill an amplifier.
By dipping to very low impedance when driven.
Requiring a amplifier able to handle the load.

Plus something about connecting the two channels together and placement steered me away from the model.

Love my 12B's still to this day!

You have the wrong impression. Most SDA's are 6 ohm nominal. If I recall correctly, so are your 12B's.

You have the wrong impression. Most SDA's are 6 ohm nominal. If I recall correctly, so are your 12B's.

Just anecdotal evidence on my part and hearsay. Having never owned a pair for more then a quick flip.
Last week just so happened at the Parts Express event, a owner of a pair was mentioning the dip to under 3Ω on his pair when tested.

No way of knowing if the 12B's do also as to never testing them.

Going with more of a budget build. Comes down to speaker are worth x amount. Going to use solen on the low pass filters and Dayton audio on the high and I get to order some Dayton audio caps to redue my sound dynamics with the aluminium horn. For less then $100 all in shipped.

Spending that kind of money is getting silly in my book. It would be worth it if the speakers are worth $1000 plus.

Last edited:
Going with more of a budget build. Comes down to speaker are worth x amount. Going to use solen on the low pass filters and Dayton audio on the high and I get to order some Dayton audio caps to redue my sound dynamics with the aluminium horn. For less then $100 all in shipped.

Spending that kind of money is getting silly in my book. It would be worth it if the speakers are worth $1000 plus.
Being pennywise in situations as this will only result in minimal gains, spending more on the parts that make a significant difference is the wisest path to follow as it reaps the greatest rewards.

Ok I caved I couldn't bring myself to do it.
Went and bought clarity caps. Exactly like the pic I provided earlier. Slight penny pinching as the esa 39uf cap was 50 percent off. Also To save $20 I went with clarity px caps instead of the csa for the the 20uf value.

I'm going to shave a rca cord down for the pin connection. Not going to need a special polk cord as I thought I did. Although having a authentic cord would be nice.

I understand now about common ground amps only after looking into it. Having the cord plugged in is the same as putting a wire from left neg terminal to right neg terminal creating a short on some amps.

Screenshot_20180721-003718.png

Back
Top Bottom