Polydome Material Replacement?

uvafan420

LiKe It LoUd
We have all seen the Silicone mess on the US fleabay, but has anyone seen the below? When zoomed in, the texture of the material looks just like it does on my nos polydomes actually.

Moderator edit: link to eBay removed

Last edited by a moderator:
My German is rusty (and when I say "rusty" I mean "nonexistent"). Is he selling just the dome, a replacement diaphragm, or an entire tweeter?

I think this is it? (Good thing I had German in high school!) :rolleyes::p

Sold 1 new polydome K (several available) for the Infinity Kappa series 6, 7, 8 and 9, part numbers 902-3075 and 902-5793, also suitable for the following point "I" series, Kappa 6.1 i, Kappa 7.1 i, kappa 8.1 i, kappa 9.1 i kappa 6.2 i, kappa 7.2 i, kappa 8.2 i, kappa 9.2 i, the membrane is NEW, the housing is used. moderator edit: seller's contact info from ebay removed is sold only the membrane, you would have to send me their housing incl. Membrane, the conversion is free, the return also, the price refers to the membrane which is the same for all polydomes is in spite of other optics of the housing or decorative ring outside, that is, they keep their old coils, which have no wear and retain their infinity sound. The membrane is like the original polypropylene, it should hold about 20-25 years and provide listening pleasure. The old polydomes gradually lose their plasticizers and harden. As a result, the polydome loses the tweeter connection and sounds aggressive, as well as it loses noticeable space, which is the more tragic than in the frequency range, the human ear has the greatest sensitivity and locating sharpness.

IMPORTANT! Please send me your old Dome completely and TOUCH-FREE to what the membrane concerns, the conversion for you is already included in the offer price and you would have to send me only their Dome well packaged! You do not need to disassemble anything on your own and perhaps risk the risk of destruction. The coils are needed for the conversion because they are re-equipped with the Domen to return to them! Pack the dome so that no pressure on the old membrane can come, neither from above nor from the side. mfg someone who knows and nothing of silicone membranes which are too heavy holds and foreign chassis would not install in his kappa such as. the black stuff from Denmark with 8 ohms instead of the original domes under 4 ohms. In the measurement logs they see a multi-measurement of different domes and a measurement of a new old stock against one with a new membrane. You realize that the new membrane is within the factory tolerance.

IMPORTANT!!! Please send me your old Dome completely, the conversion for them is already included in the offer price and they would have to send me their Dome packed well packed !!! You do not need to disassemble anything yourself and maybe destroy the coils. These are needed for the conversion as they return to their new equipped with the Domen. Pack the dome in such a way that no pressure can come on the old membrane, neither from above nor from the side. mfg someone who knows and nothing of silicone membranes which are too heavy holds and foreign chassis would not install in his kappa.

It looks like the seller reworks the original driver, and installs his new diaphragm. Shipping to and from is included. Though, I don't know if that means free shipping to the U.S. and back or not?

I asked him a while back what the new dome was made of but he wouldn't tell me, they look like the originals but who knows, only way is to find out is to buy one and test it.

It is kind of lost in translation but "mfg someone who knows and nothing of silicone membranes which are too heavy holds and foreign chassis would not install in his kappa.", is he dissing on Silicone, or? And I would say No on free shipping for the US lol... But if any of my drivers needed it at this time, I would just ask if he would ship the material to me, instead of the back and forth. Plus, I would not trust sending my driver to no one who was not a reputable business.

For those who may be curious about what they may be made out of, this was his response to me.

"Hi, its Polypropylene like the original. The only Difference is the additional ultraviolet Light Protektion. I Know-how Silicon Sounds terrible. Regards."

Here is what the guys ad says when translated:
Sold 1 new polydome K (several available) for the Infinity Kappa series 6, 7, 8 and 9, part numbers 902-3075 and 902-5793, also suitable for the following point "I" series, Kappa 6.1 i, Kappa 7.1 i, kappa 8.1 i, kappa 9.1 i kappa 6.2 i, kappa 7.2 i, kappa 8.2 i, kappa 9.2 i, the membrane is NEW, the housing is used. moderator edit: seller's contact info from ebay removed sold only the membrane, you would have to send me their housing incl. Membrane, the conversion is free, the return also, the price refers to the membrane which is the same for all polydomes is in spite of other optics of the housing or decorative ring outside, that is, they keep their old coils, which have no wear and retain their infinity sound. The membrane is like the original polypropylene, it should hold about 20-25 years and provide listening pleasure. The old polydomes gradually lose their plasticizers and harden. As a result, the polydome loses the tweeter connection and sounds aggressive, as well as it loses noticeable space, which is the more tragic than in the frequency range, the human ear has the greatest sensitivity and locating sharpness. IMPORTANT! Please send me your old Dome completely and TOUCH-FREE to what the membrane concerns, the conversion for you is already included in the offer price and you would have to send me only their Dome well packaged! You do not need to disassemble anything on your own and perhaps risk the risk of destruction. The coils are needed for the conversion because they are re-equipped with the Domen to return to them! Pack the dome so that no pressure on the old membrane can come, neither from above nor from the side. mfg someone who knows and nothing of silicone membranes which are too heavy holds and foreign chassis would not install in his kappa such as. the black stuff from Denmark with 8 ohms instead of the original domes under 4 ohms. In the measurement logs they see a multi-measurement of different domes and a measurement of a new old stock against one with a new membrane. You realize that the new membrane is within the factory tolerance. IMPORTANT!!! Please send me your old Dome completely, the conversion for them is already included in the offer price and they would have to send me their Dome packed well packed !!! You do not need to disassemble anything yourself and maybe destroy the coils. These are needed for the conversion as they return to their new equipped with the Domen. Pack the dome in such a way that no pressure can come on the old membrane, neither from above nor from the side. mfg someone who knows and nothing of silicone membranes which are too heavy holds and foreign chassis would not install in his kappa.

:idea::idea: So the guy who would not tell Okee what it was made of now tells Uva it is Polypropylene ?? :idea::idea: ( Alleged Polypropylene ) My Mom used to tell me I should have been a lawyer . ( Maybe not the same guy ? )

Last edited:
For some reason, I can't message him. Can someone ask if he will ship just the membranes to the states?

:idea::idea: So the guy who would not tell Okee what it was made of now tells Uva it is Polypropylene ?? :idea::idea: ( Alleged Polypropylene ) My Mom used to tell me I should have been a lawyer . ( Maybe not the same guy ? )

I did not ask what it was made of, I asked is it Silicone. I guess he felt that was asked in a way of me not wanting to know how/what he did it with. That is my theory anyways :) Or, of course a different seller.

For some reason, I can't message him. Can someone ask if he will ship just the membranes to the states?

I google Ebay Germany and then go to the German form of ebay. Is that how you are doing it? I have no problem messaging him. I will ask him for you and let you know what he says.

Here is his reply to me, in case you were still unable to reach him.

"Hello, yes i can ship to the US and You assamble the Polydome yourself. But there is still another Problem, i need your voicecoils from your damaged Polydomes. The way I restore the Speaker, the original voicecoil is used for the new Dome.
Kind regards."

He probably has a jig to align the coil to the dome so it doesn't scrape the magnet assembly, probably better off sending him your polydome because it's not easy to align them, plus if you don't know what you are doing it's easy to damage the coil.

Back
Top Bottom