Polydomes - What do I have in my 7.2i

qguy

Currently auditioning a 7.2i, I noticed the polydome is different from what I see on the net.

The frame has the original Kappa lettering, but the dome is black and seems to be made of textile

314v8n8.jpg

Last edited:
Most likely a rebuild using the original voice coil but with cloth (possibly taken from another midrange, possibly sold as a replacement on its own).

Agreed with sweshler looks like someone has restored the original some how. How do the sound. Any harshness or so they sound really good.

Some harshness, I needed to reduce the mids using the iTunes EQ. Any remedy to this?

Also what do you use to power these. Are you using a amp with these speakers or a receiver. Also there are midrange controls on the back of speakers. There isn’t much control on these but you can back them down a bit

That receiver should have enough watts. Are u using a CD player or just iTunes on iPad or computer. Just wondering if it sounds harsh with another source also

At home, Laptop, musical fidelity DAC at the store, we used a High End system tube pre and power amp from Audio Research, same results. I think its the polydome, it seems "disconnected" with the rest of the system

HARSHNESS is gone. Took out 60 to 70 percent of the stuffing in the midrange enclosure and what a big difference !!! it is a totally different sounding loudspeaker

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom