Polyeaster film Capacitor

pjf610

Hi All, I received a Marantz rebuild kit for a 2216B my question is these Cap's were in there I am confused what do they replace there are no cap's that look like this on any boards, It is a105K/250H

Attachments

• 20171023_150023.jpg
    20171023_150023.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 33
May be Matsushita metallized polyprops, an upgrade from stock polyester and elyticaps if so.

Thanks for the reply what is the value of this cap??? and does it replace an electrolytic cap???

It's a 1uf cap, meant to replace a 1uf electrolytic.
The "105" marking means 10 followed by 5 zeros = 1000000 pF = 1uF

These film caps do not have a polarity, so you can install them either way round.

would it be safe to assume that this could replace a 50V1uf radial cap it seems that was the only cap's I did not replace on the unit

would it be safe to assume that this could replace a 50V1uf
Yes, definitely.
It's quite common in a restore to replace the small value electrolytics (0,47, 1, 2.2 uf...) with film caps, either with the kind you have, usually Panasonic ECW / ECQ in 250VDC or the Wima MKS2 in 50 to 100VDC
The voltage rating of a cap is the maximum voltage the cap likes to see.

Let me ask you this why use these cap's over the other???
Polypropylene caps have more ideal characteristics, some other plastics more so, with Teflon topmost. Teflon caps are much bulkier and much more costly, metallized polyprops are a good compact economical compromise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom