Portraits/People

4010-2.jpg

Me at about 3... I never wanted to be the cowboy in the white hat :yes:

Bill, that's a beautiful shot of a beautiful bride!

Thanks, Carl! I, for one, am enjoying this thread. I didn't think there were "rules" (not that I've ever been good at following them). I never posed as a professional photographer, just enjoyed taking the shots.

... I guess if you have one head combined, even if it's from two people and one shoulder it's acceptable.

Exactly. As with everything else if you actually take the time to master the rules you can then break them with great effect.

I didn't think there were "rules" (not that I've ever been good at following them).

[shrugs] The thread is entitled "portraits". The "lets see some vacation snap shots" is a different thread? Hence the OP discussing lighting, reflectors and posing. All tools used in portrait photography.

:thmbsp:

Last edited:
Thanks, Carl! I, for one, am enjoying this thread. I didn't think there were "rules" (not that I've ever been good at following them). I never posed as a professional photographer, just enjoyed taking the shots.

Yeah me too, Bill! I'm not into following rules either. :)

I didn't set up any rules when I started this post. "Portraits" is what I called it but really what I want is PEOPLE Photography. There are all skill levels in AK, some pro, some just having fun. I personally am fine with all of it. If the shot means something to you and it's a photograph of a person (or PART of one) POST IT.

If someone wants a critique, or suggestions on how to improve the image, I'm sure people will chime in. If they don't ask I personally would just let it be. This is supposed to be fun not a PP of A session. (Professional Photographers of America).

Last edited:
Well thanks for the clarification. I stand corrected.

Lets see those vacation shots!

:thmbsp:

Last edited:
not a peep port.. but hope all ok.. this a best friend..

Hbar

Attachments

• DSC_0087.jpg
    DSC_0087.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 181
notachristian.jpg

This actually is a vacation shot. I spent a few days in Chicago and this young woman was sitting across from me. I asked permission to photograph her and she said sure. The book might be a little high up but I think it works. The light was beautiful, the woman is stunning.

Last edited:
notachristian.jpg

This actually is a vacation shot. I spent a few days in Chicago and this young woman was sitting across from me. I asked permission to photograph her and she said sure. The book might be a little high up but I think it works. The light was beautiful, the woman is stunning.

Very nice! I like the subtle radiance in the image.

A shot from Greenwich Village, just after the Easter Parade. Sorry for the focus :( But, then again...maybe it's better this way :scratch2:

Easter_1.jpg

I found the following two images an interesting juxtaposition. Shot less than 100 yards from each other in Golden Gate Park.

golden_pond.jpg

summeroflove.jpg

Portrait of a Crowd

I like crowd shots, there is always so much going on. I wish the guys head wasn't in the way, I had to crop in tighter than I wanted and lost a lot of faces. The place was packed and I just held the camera over my head and shot.

random_crowd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom