[Possibly] My First Turntable

From looking at each table the PL-300 would be my choice. If it doesn't have a dust cover I wouldn't call it a deal breaker. You should make contact to make sure. The reason why the PL-300 is better are:

1) 1/2" mount for cartridges rather than the P-mount on the PL-230.
2) Direct Driver rather than belt. Nothing wrong with belt but most likely it will need to be replaced if it wasn't already.
3) Quartz lock vs dc servo
4) PL-300 is probably better built. Heavier from what I can find.
5) Cheaper, haha.

I would agree that the PL-300 is the better turntable and for the reasons stated except one. The PL-230 isn't a P-mount.

I've had two PL-400s which is the full automatic equivalent to the semi-automatic PL-300. Very satisfactory turntable.

John

I would agree that the PL-300 is the better turntable and for the reasons stated except one. The PL-230 isn't a P-mount.

I've had two PL-400s which is the full automatic equivalent to the semi-automatic PL-300. Very satisfactory turntable.

John

Thanks for the correction :music:

If the PL-300 is sold, I would say wait for better TT to turn up, as the snow begins to melt people will be posting more stuff. And, garage sale season will begin shortly.

Thanks for the correction :music:

If the PL-300 is sold, I would say wait for better TT to turn up, as the snow begins to melt people will be posting more stuff. And, garage sale season will begin shortly.

You make a good point. I shall look again in a few weeks time. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom