Post a pic of your Electronics Bench

I've had the flu for over a week, and a kidney stone prior to that, so I haven't been down to the lab in several weeks. Here's what neglect looks like. The left end of the bench is component measurement. Note the giant stack of plastic boxes from sliced cold cuts. I use one of those to contain every project. Right end is where I work. The scopes and curve tracer are behind a Scott CD player I can't fix, just like most every other CD player I own. The parts on the wall are, well, parts on the wall. The little roll-around is the lab sound system, Marantz CD, Yamaha T-85 tuner and a couple Crown amps. The back corner is where the resistance boxes, spare meters and Kelvin-Varley dividers live. I think there's a place to stand, but not for more than one.
Looks perfect to me...

Such as it is...

index.php

Enjoy,
Rich P

I love the wood and brick contrast. Reminds me of an old lab I worked at 35 years ago in college.

I love the wood and brick contrast. Reminds me of an old lab I worked at 35 years ago in college.
My lab, only my bench is in view, occupies an Arizona room, an enclosed area that was once a roofed patio. I have all kinds of vintage computer stuff going on, shelved storage space, and a pretty serious home-brew PC on the opposite side. I master my radio shows and mix disks in that spot.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
I've had the flu for over a week, and a kidney stone prior to that, so I haven't been down to the lab in several weeks. Here's what neglect looks like. The left end of the bench is component measurement. Note the giant stack of plastic boxes from sliced cold cuts. I use one of those to contain every project. Right end is where I work. The scopes and curve tracer are behind a Scott CD player I can't fix, just like most every other CD player I own. The parts on the wall are, well, parts on the wall. The little roll-around is the lab sound system, Marantz CD, Yamaha T-85 tuner and a couple Crown amps. The back corner is where the resistance boxes, spare meters and Kelvin-Varley dividers live. I think there's a place to stand, but not for more than one.
View attachment 1085922 View attachment 1085923 View attachment 1085924 View attachment 1085925 View attachment 1085926 View attachment 1085927
Your space looks just like every electronics repair shop I delivered parts to in the seventies. :thumbsup:

My lab, only my bench is in view, occupies an Arizona room, an enclosed area that was once a roofed patio. I have all kinds of vintage computer stuff going on, shelved storage space, and a pretty serious home-brew PC on the opposite side. I master my radio shows and mix disks in that spot.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Enjoy,
Rich P
Nice and neat! I've been building my own gaming computers since the first Voodoo graphics card came out. I'm getting ready to swap out my SS SATA drives for the PCI express drives. Once you go SS drives, platter drives are like driving a Ford Pinto after driving a Hemi V8. :biggrin:

I like to listen to them, and tune em up,, before making any changes,,, if they sound good for a couple months, they probably won't self destruct!!!

Yeah,,, he doesn't like to be picked up either,,, black cat thing I guess...

I've had the flu for over a week, and a kidney stone prior to that, so I haven't been down to the lab in several weeks.
Sorry to hear that. Have been trying to pass a kidney stone since Monday. Went to Urgent care Monday, then ER Tuesday night. 4mm stone almost at bladder. No pain yesterday until bedtime. No pain now. Hope it is in bladder now and comes out soon. Can't wait to see hospital bill... my insurance sucks since government got involved! I don't think cat scan is covered.

Sorry to hear that. Have been trying to pass a kidney stone since Monday. Went to Urgent care Monday, then ER Tuesday night. 4mm stone almost at bladder. No pain yesterday until bedtime. No pain now. Hope it is in bladder now and comes out soon. Can't wait to see hospital bill... my insurance sucks since government got involved! I don't think cat scan is covered.

REDK: Kidney Stones are the worst! BTW: I think my shop cat can do a Cat Scan for you..

Yeah, the pain is all out of proportion to the size of the thing- I can't imagine a 4mm stone. Mine have been microscopic, but they still feel like an asteroid coated in broken glass.

I’m with you. I’m envious of you folks that know how to use all that equipment. I have two function generators and an old Oscope that I don’t know how to use for fear of destroying some good equipment. One day maybe I’ll take an Electronic course to learn to use it.

The problem is not learning how to use all of the equipment,it's actually remembering how to use it long (or shortly!) after you've learned;)

My bench (which is an absolute disgrace at the moment,so I will not be posting any pics) looks like an auxilliary NASA location.

The number of knobs,screens,switches,buttons,meters,displays and connectors would make you think I could pilot the space shuttle by remote control.Even with gear I have been using for decades I am often reaching for the manual for a quick ''refresher'' before performing some operation I only do infrequently.

They say the memory is the first thing to go...but so long as I don't forget where the manual is,I'm still doing fine.:p

Back
Top Bottom