Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Do you have one exactly like it? I'm trying to figure out what year this may have been and also the model number, if it had one. Do any of yours have that rubber stamped number "1243"? Also wonder does this have it's own amplifier? Are any of the four wires coming out of it for speakers? Sorry for so many questions, I just cannot find anything online about so I need one of the well informed collectors to help me! Thank you.

The ones I have are not Muntz brand, but the transports look similar to yours with the different sized sliders. All but one are not amplified, and I'd have to hunt down the gold one that does have knobs in the front.

The ones I have are not Muntz brand, but the transports look similar to yours with the different sized sliders. All but one are not amplified, and I'd have to hunt down the gold one that does have knobs in the front.
Thank you, yeah I spent maybe a few hours searching for some info on it, maybe a few hours lookin at pictures of all kinds of Muntz's I found one photo that looked identical to mine, a front shot but just one photo and no info on it at all.

001.jpg This is some of the guts of an Akai deck badged as A&D. It's true gem is in the motor block that is behind the facia where you can't see. I've had one in my hands that came out of a cannibalized unit. it stood in true testimony as to why these machines cost so much back in the days. A&D GX-Z9100EX. A 3-head deck with all the goodies.

I'd be happy to hear of anyone who has a comparison of the GX series with 3-head Naks.A&D.jpg

Last edited:
There were times when GRUNDIG was BIG, really BIG.
This is my GRUNDIG CNF 300 SUPER HIFI from 1978.

grundig-cnf-300-14_orig.jpg

My Denon DRS 810
Spec
Closed loop dual-capstan tape transport, non-slip reel drive, dual power supply, dolby HX pro, dolby B and C noise reduction and manual bias adjustment.
Type: 3-head, single compact cassette deck
Track System: 4-track, 2-channel stereo
Tape Speed: 4.8 cm/s
Heads: 1 x combination record/playback, 1 x erase
Motor: 1 x capstan, 1 x reel, 1 x actuator
Tape Type: type I, CrO2, Metal
Noise Reduction: B, C, HX Pro
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz (Metal tape)
Signal to Noise Ratio: 75dB (dolby C)
Wow and Flutter: 0.038%
Input: 80mV (line)
Output: 0.62V (line)
Dimensions: 434 x 122 x 320mm
Weight: 6.6kg
Note: optional remote control

2ee946cf-3290-4f3e-a856-5eccda05c27e-original.jpg

e0603ff3-c6f6-4f1e-9991-02180fd41e3b-original.jpg

Slapped together a quick, somewhat random system to play tapes while we move into the beach house. Hooked up a Pioneer Elite CT-07 cassette, a Technics RS858 8-track, and a Technics RT-707 open reel. Had long forgotten the 8-track player, even found a box of tapes for it! The mix should cover all the bases for now.
IMG_9410.JPG

Slapped together a quick, somewhat random system to play tapes while we move into the beach house. Hooked up a Pioneer Elite CT-07 cassette, a Technics RS858 8-track, and a Technics RT-707 open reel. Had long forgotten the 8-track player, even found a box of tapes for it! The mix should cover all the bases for now.
View attachment 1339753
Do you mean Pioneer RT-707?

Sorry, too much turkey in the belly clouded the thinking. That would be a Pioneer RT-707. The cassette is also Pioneer (Elite series) and the 8-track Technics (obsolete series!).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom