Post a picture of your turntable

That's a beautiful table! How does it sound?
Thanks.
It sounds surprisingly good considering it's composed of odds and ends. Everything about is is incredibly smooth and the precise speed control of the motor helps keep the wow and flutter down. I like the sound more than that of my mmf 2.2, although that is not necessarily a fair comparison considering the cost of the components on each one.

Thanks.
It sounds surprisingly good considering it's composed of odds and ends. Everything about is is incredibly smooth and the precise speed control of the motor helps keep the wow and flutter down. I like the sound more than that of my mmf 2.2, although that is not necessarily a fair comparison considering the cost of the components on each one.
That's really good, I wish I had the skills to build something as beautiful as that and what a privilege it must be to look at as well as hear. :thumbsup:

Test platform for the Fidelity Research Tonearm I'm dialing in. Drive unit is a Fairchild 412.

32057283051_dcb03a0f52_z.jpg

My Stereo table , dirty but good is a Dual 606....My old fave is a Technics I bought new in 80, and later modified to spin 78-80 rpms with a GE VR RPX .3 mono--
my classic rim drive is a Webster Chicago 106-27 changer in my Fisher console--I have a Garrard RC4/88 with a VR II that is nice but needs new drive wheel for daily use..None of them glow
with neon beauty, The webster tracks nice with a Shure sc35c with its high mass, lightweight arm..I also have a VR II weighted headshell for 78's IMG_2003.JPG IMG_2001.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1362.JPG
    IMG_1362.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2006.JPG
    IMG_2006.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1231.JPG
    IMG_1231.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 44
garrard new cab.jpg

Recently transplanted grease bearing 301. VR II for mono/78 on the OrthoSonic V4 arm. Shure V15 III with Tonar stylus on harvested Toshiba from an SR 410 (dead motor, arm may be a Victor, I don't know).
Anyway, miraculously got the arms mounted right the first time, without the aid of templates and yeah..have a little veneer patching to effect.

Nice. Can't wait to see that plus get your listening impressions compared to the hot rodded 103.
We have major upgrades going on right now in my listening room. New rack to hold 3 TT's and a set of Adcom GFA 565 mono blocks to power my new Magnepan 1.7I's. We will for sure be burning down the house. :rockon::biggrin:

TD-124 MKII, needed some serious TLC so Jim Campbell did his magic and I picked up the Ortofon style plinth at the same time. SME 3009 SII non-improved arm and Dynavector 10X5. Finger lift and badge by ldvalve (Australia).

The old SME interconnect wires were pretty bad, so I had to resolder them. I ordered a RCA conversion kit from ldvalve, so that will be my next upgrade.

This is my first idler drive, and it sounds really amazing with my tube equipment. I'm super happy. It's cool to see this old machine operating better than new with years ahead of it too.

Phone2 - 1.jpg

TT - 1.jpg

TT - 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom