Post cars you've LUSTED after...

63_2.jpg

Doesn't need to be a split window. Just a coupe.

67-68 Camaro RS/SS
70 Mustang fastback
67 Corvette 427roadster
97 Porsche 993 Turbo S
AC Shelby cobra - kit or production.

This build I had in my head turned into a lust and now reality:
93 Mustang. Big brakes, thoroughly built road course suspension, small block built for quick response and torque. Street comfort is still there too.

rs200.jpg

1986 Ford RS200 "Evolution"

0 to 60 in 3.1 seconds

Only 24 ever built

600 hp Cosworth engine

All Wheel Drive

...and this one is for sale only 150 miles away!

Last edited by a moderator:
In 1986, the Group B cars came to Olympia, WA to compete in the Olympus Rally. At that time I had a serious lust for one of these, the Audi Sport Quattro S1.

Audi-SWB-Sport-Quattro-wallpaper.jpg

Audi-SWB-Sport-Quattro-images.jpg

I went to some city stages, as well as forest stages run on logging roads in the Capital Forest, to see the Audi, but that event was entirely dominated by Markku Alen in this freakish Lancia Delta S4.

lancia-delta-s4.jpg

That was when the Olympus was a WRC event - today a freakishly expensive endeavor. I'm currently working with a guy who was trying to bring a WRC event to the states a few years ago. We couldn't come close to swinging the (non-refundable) application fee - just for starters.

Lots of international talent at the 86 Olympus, and those Audis where a treat but it looks like they were no longer competitive. 1st was the Lancia, 2nd a Peugeot 205 and third (my friend) John Buffum - beating out all of the international Audi talent who likely couldn't pace themselves over the rough roads.
BTW, those (AWD) Toyotas were pretty cool too.
Results:

Pos Driver Co-Driver # Vehicle hh:mm:ss
1st. M. Alen I. Kivimäki #2 Lancia Delta S4 5:26:10
2nd. J. Kankkunen J. Piironen #1 Peugeot 205 5:29:36
3rd. J. Buffum N. Wilson #5 Audi Sport Quattro _ 5:50:24
4th. L. Torph B. Thorszelius #4 Toyota Celica (RA63) 5:56:29
5th. B. Waldegaard F. Gallagher #3 Toyota Celica (RA63) 5:58:32
6th. P. Alessandrini A. Alessandrini #11 Lancia Delta S4 6:01:55
7th. R. Millen J. Bellefleur #8 Mazda 323 (BF/3) 6:12:56

John has an interesting biography - In like a "Lamb, out like a Lion" - written by his sometime codriver Tom Grimshaw - that's an interesting read.

Spent a bunch of time with Millen's codriver John Bellefleur at the New England Forest Rally this summer. I believe he had one of those AWD Toyotas he successfully drove up in Canada for a while. He has a major rack of of SAE gear and restored Ohm F speakers he wants me to buy.

Last edited:
Here's the question I would like to ask,

How many folks here that have "lusted" for a car have managed to acquire one?

What I'm asking is how many here plotted, schemed, saved money, busted their butt, worked a part-time job, worked overtime, extra shifts, or whatever to eventually acquire the object of their "lust"?

Here's the question I would like to ask,

How many folks here that have "lusted" for a car have managed to acquire one?

I owned a 1960 Porsche 356B. I basically inherited it, through a grisly demise of a grandparent. I was nearly killed in it as well, and sold the wreckage.

I owned a 1965 Mini Cooper 1275 S. It was stolen.

In the late 1990s, when it was announced that BMW would be reinventing the Mini Cooper, I got myself on a waiting list. It wasn't until 2003 when I took delivery of ours. They're a dime a dozen now.

DSCN2202.jpg

Last edited:
The car I've been wanting for the last 4 years or so is a Nissan Skyline GT-R, not the new ones. I really want an R34 but an R33 would suffice. However, finding one in the US will be darn near impossible and I'm sure that some day I'll be stupid enough to have one imported from Japan.

Nissan_Skyline_R34_GT-R_N%C3%BCr_001.jpg

Oh, and great job tchuck, you're the only other one with this car.

Some of the cars I dream to have. Which one is real

Attachments

• ta11.jpg
    ta11.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 8
  • banshee.bmp
    97.1 KB · Views: 7
  • RUMBLE BEE 05.bmp
    99.2 KB · Views: 2
  • SSToria.bmp
    106.4 KB · Views: 2
  • TAV.bmp
    104.3 KB · Views: 4
The car I've been wanting for the last 4 years or so is a Nissan Skyline GT-R, not the new ones. I really want an R34 but an R33 would suffice. However, finding one in the US will be darn near impossible and I'm sure that some day I'll be stupid enough to have one imported from Japan.

I hate nissans...however, I would love to try a Gt-r:yes:

Another "would love to have": the new Boss 302, which apparently outran the Audi A8 on a track. Of course, wouldn't mind a vintage boss either...especially the feared '69 boss 429. My dad had one, he regrets saling it, but i'm convinced it would have killed him...wonder who's smart idea it was to make companies sell Nascar-class vehicles to the general public:scratch2:

Whaddabout a 1931 Model A Town Sedan ?

OH MAN, I'd have to have two!, one, a perfectly stock "gentlemens" car; and the other have a 327 with a butterfly catcher, drop-topped, channeled, and without front fenders, throw a couple racing threads on the back:drool:.

I actually prefer the sedan to the regular body style:yes:

Back
Top Bottom