Post pics of your Cerwin-Vega's here!

Got all these in less than a month lol

whoa.jpg

WOW, I thought I was bad with four re 30s in the charcoal wood finish...lol. What do you power them all with...lol...NICE COLLECTION!!!

I still have my 26's I bought new. Original woofers are long gone.
Recently installed new Dayton Classic series woofers. Original tweeters still
sound OK, but I needed a change.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 30
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 27
Better late than never.

Since there are pictures here of vs-150, 12TR and D3-E, i will only post some pictures of my Sweet Dual 8 :)

Attachments

• 20130115_053631.jpg
    20130115_053631.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 44
  • P1020481.jpg
    P1020481.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 11
  • P1020475.jpg
    P1020475.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 24
  • P1020473.jpg
    P1020473.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 12
Here are a few shots of my CV's, the S2's and 2000-15's.

The S2's:
426.jpg

427.jpg

The 2000-15's:
2000_15_2_zps66fe09bc.jpg

2000_15_1_zps9bed7125.jpg

All have been moved around since these were taken, but you get the idea. I had just put the 2000-15's in place to hear how all four would play together, hence the speaker wires all over the place around them. I bought and have been enjoying the S2's since the end of 1983, and the I just picked up the 2000-15's last month.

:music:

Last edited:
Still have my AT-10s and they are still my main pair. I love them and will never replace them. I have a set of Kef C1's for TV listening. I need to have the tweeters looked at on the CV's and a new cone for the left one as there is a tear on it. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 33
I have a pair of at-15 I got at yard sale for $10. The bass is alright but to boomy and the highs are to bright. I'll clean them up and make a couple bucks off them

I thought I had already posted a picture of my D15EEs. Apparently, I have not.

I bought these in 1986 in Germany. After 27 years of listening to them they still impress me. They are not just loud; to me, they are perfect. I am so satisfied with them that I have never felt the urge to buy another pair of speakers. They sound fantastic! The louder I play them, the better they sound.

Like most Cerwin Vegas they don´t need much power, but if you give them plenty of power they are insanely loud!

They are probably one of the reasons that I have tinnitus.

I thought I had already posted a picture of my D15EEs. Apparently, I have not.

I bought these in 1986 in Germany. After 27 years of listening to them they still impress me. They are not just loud; to me, they are perfect. I am so satisfied with them that I have never felt the urge to buy another pair of speakers. They sound fantastic! The louder I play them, the better they sound.

Like most Cerwin Vegas they don´t need much power, but if you give them plenty of power they are insanely loud!

They are probably one of the reasons that I have tinnitus.

"They are probably one of the reasons that I have tinnitus."

Tinnitus? What did you say? I can't hear you. :D

Great looking pair, I love the early to mid 80's CV's!

:rockon:

"They are probably one of the reasons that I have tinnitus."

Tinnitus? What did you say? I can't hear you. :D

Great looking pair, I love the early to mid 80's CV's!

:rockon:

I'm more a fan of the 70's, especially the TR series ( still looking for 15TR) and s1 ( hopefully a owner of a pair next month) :)

Well never thought, I would be posting on CVs. But my vp was getting rid of a pair of RE 30 s...

So far they rock, I am very pleasantly surprised !
a5ezu8uq.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

my s-1,s i bought new in 1979 even have the db-10 adapter that came with them it is supposed to allow them to handle twice their power. woofers have been refoamed. will never part with them. the jbl l36 came from a yard sale $20.00 i refoamed the woofers. steve

price was about $600.00 plus shipping a lot of money at the time for me.

Attachments

• 122611 464.jpg
    122611 464.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 47
  • cerwinvega&jbl.jpg
    cerwinvega&jbl.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Those are sweet. Couldnt tell what teh JBL were. I thought Which JBL have inverted dust caps? Then in the upright photo i noticed the JBL logo.

my s-1,s i bought new in 1979 even have the db-10 adapter that came with them it is supposed to allow them to handle twice their power. woofers have been refoamed. will never part with them. the jbl l36 came from a yard sale $20.00 i refoamed the woofers. steve

price was about $600.00 plus shipping a lot of money at the time for me.

I don´t see a picture.

Here's one of my pair of DIY CV 3 ways. Originally designed as back up DJ speakers with efficiency in mind. Woofers are CV XL12D car speakers. The dvc's are wired in series for 8 ohms, the dome mids and silk dome tweeters are both long discontinued MCM models. I added the grill over the dome mids to keep little fingers away. Tweets 94db, mids 92db, woofers 96db all play well together. The cabinet is around 2.2cuft with slot port tuned to 32hz. Hella efficient and plays low enough to not need a subwoofer. Have been retired from DJ duty to the HT until I get one of my other projects finished.
img0673yb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom