Post re-cone subwoofer fs issues

Lilbean1982

1. Post #1 of 1

Lilbean1982

A few months ago I made a repair on my subwoofers voice coil. Everything was fine, then I had an issue with my bass amp occasionally not getting sound from my radio. Turns out it was the sub output was damaged behind the radio from lack of space. (Bent)

Well since fixing that I've noticed my subwoofer wasn't producing the higher fs bass as it was in the past. I removed the voice coil, cone, surround, and spider three times making minor adjustments to coil height in relation to the pole plate.

Low bass, no problem. Higher frequency no luck. Thinking maybe the coil was damaged I got a new one and installed it dead center of the pole plate. Same issue. It makes the bass sound but it's almost like it's restrained. No movement. It's also gotten a little warmer than usual.

The pole piece extends beyond the plate maybe 1/2-3/4". Is the coil not supposed to be center of the gap in this case? Is it maybe not the subwoofer but the amp or radio? My highs amp and speakers are fine. And I am very well rounded with car audio and have repaired quite a few subs with no issues. Can someone please steer me in the right direction. I'm tired of disassembling my sub weekly to no avail.

Focal FPX 1.1000
    Focal E25KX
    SONY XAV-712HD

EditReport
    + QuoteReply

Back
Top Bottom