Post ugly production cars here

plym-1961-belvedere.jpg

images

They weren't thinking. Their chief stylist had a heart attack and wasn't around to finish the design.

They weren't thinking. Their chief stylist had a heart attack and wasn't around to finish the design.

Before Exner was let go, there was a proposal for an off-center SINGLE fin that went from the front of the car to the rear... Chrysler hired Elwood Engel, the guy who penned the 1961 Lincoln & Thunderbirds, & THAT'S why the 1964-66 Imperials looked a LOT like the Lincolns..

But the tires on that car can't even reach the ground!

BTW, speaking of Rally I'm the chief of stage commanders at Rally New York - we just had an awesome event 10 days ago. All tarmac stages running through the community of Rock Hill NY.

hIMG_7709.jpg

That's awesome! I didn't know NY held rally races.

Pontiacs towards the end seemingly ALL had, erm, "Difficult" styling...And they wonder why they quit selling..

Thats the problem with todays cars....they just don't have a big enough trunk to put many bodies..err, i mean golf bags into:naughty:

Although, as previously mentioned,, the "back portion" in the AMC Pacer add has mucho appeal :yes:

The epitome of "luxury-izing" an economy car... A Ford Granada with about 500 pounds of extra trim on it!

Actually, those Versailles are very popular for "parts cars" to hot rod builders. They take the rear axle (narrow but with the big Ford 9" gear), and 4-wheel disk brakes. They take all those parts, and retrofit onto hot rod projects, and there are actually kits sold to adapt it all.

Charles

This is an ugly one made of patio sliding doors

The Quasar-Unipower was a box-like car produced in limited numbers between 1967 and 1968 by Universal Power Drives of Perivale, Middlesex, England who also made ​​the Unipower sports car. The Car WAS designed by Quasar Kahn a French-Vietnamese designer and Engineer. The Car HAD a unique appearance, Being cubelike and making use of sliding glass doors.
http://www.carstyling.ru/de/entry/Quasar_Unipower_1967_68_Kub_na_kolesah/

Last edited:
Oh, I can do ya one better'n that...The Mohs Ostetienne Opera Sedan...Ain't got a link, Google it.

It must be real ugly so bad Google won`t even put up a picture couldn't find any .
their are Saint-Etienne University Hospital, Saint-Etienne, France references no cars though

Last edited:
Well, I spelt it wrong- Mohs OSTENTATIENNE Opera Sedan... He made ANOTHER one, the Safarikar which was a MUCH modified International Travelall w/a Naugahyde covered body..

Back
Top Bottom