Post ugly production cars here

Well, I spelt it wrong- Mohs OSTENTATIENNE Opera Sedan... He made ANOTHER one, the Safarikar which was a MUCH modified International Travelall w/a Naugahyde covered body..
A Mohs Safarikar built by the Mohrs Seaplane company of Madison, WI. Car features a full naugahyde upholstered exterior, retractable top and sliding doors. Designed to seat eight or sleep three in comfort. Powered by an International V8. 1 of 3 built

safari.jpg

The front end of the Mohs is rather distressingly similar to the one on that stinkeroo made-for-TV horror movie, "The Car". The wheelbase is too short, looks like they were trying to mount a Lincoln on a Volkswagen chassis or something...The top is too big for the rest of the car...I'm sure MOST of the gearheads here coulda doodled something on the back of an envelope that wasn't nearly as dreadful as THIS Steaming Pile is..

Funny, but I prefer the Americanized versions of all the Holdens.

Yeah...Seems like Aussie cars tried to use 2-3 yr old versions of intermediate American bodies married to Traditional English grilles & trim...& the results weren't too good..

Oh man, those Moh's are nasty...the back reminded me of another car, though. I don't think it's ugly, it's unique...really unique, but it's not beautiful. The Tatra is a pretty cool car, early attempts at aerodynamics, I haven't read much on them, but it's an interesting car...Leno has one:yes:

tatra-603-a-01.jpg

Honestly, the Moh's may have worked with some big "presentation" overhauls and dropping the lincoln frontend:scratch2:

The Tatraplans WERE interesting cars...Rear air-cooled V-8, better aerodynamics than most, fit & finish much better than most any other Combloc vehicle, had they not been "Commie" cars & sold widely in the west, they COULD have given Mercedes & BMW a run for their money..

The Tatraplans WERE interesting cars...Rear air-cooled V-8, better aerodynamics than most, fit & finish much better than most any other Combloc vehicle, had they not been "Commie" cars & sold widely in the west, they COULD have given Mercedes & BMW a run for their money..
Air cooled V8 see pix.

Last edited:
Funny, but I prefer the Americanized versions of all the Holdens.

You and I both. Maybe that has something to do with regional tastes, familiarity, I don't know.

I do know I came darn close to getting one of those Pontiac/Holden GTOs! I think they look beautiful.

And to jack it up for changing a tire you raise the suspension, insert a tripod stand in a side hole and then lower the suspension. It'll lift the wheel up off the road.

Back
Top Bottom