Post your good experiences with the USPS

bobabode

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Sent a couple 12AT7WA preamp tubes that AudioDon won in the VOA auction from across the country and it only took them 3-4 Days. The tube's arrived safe and sound.:D Good job USPS!:yes:

Packed a pair of Audio Technica ATH AD700 headphones for nonmember into a flat rate box with some bubble wrap and a ton of tape. Arrived safe and sound from Philadelphia to Michigan.

Flat Rate Boxes are an incredible deal. Especially considering they go to APO addresses.

Flat Rate Boxes are an incredible deal. Especially considering they go to APO addresses.

My dad was a mail clerk in Patton's 3rd Army, 10thAD. Not a fun job but he sure was popular! The weather was the least of his worries.:no:APO-Army Post Office

I stood in line one day to cuss out the Post Master. Everyone was at her door to cuss her out.

I've been shipping stuff with the USPS for over ten years and have never had an item damaged and only one "lost" but it was returned to me, so I really done count it.

This includes hundreds of international shipments too. Pretty damn good if you ask me.

I've yet to have a smashed box from USPS. The only thing I can recall being lost in the last several years was a replacement ATM card from my bank. Other than that, I've had excellent results. They are not the cheapest game in town for big heavy stuff, but where I live they are the only practical option so I use them anyway.

When my son was deployed I would send him a care packages of Rockstar, Grizzly Long Cut, Kirkland trail mix packets, jerky, and baby wipes every other week. (he was 6 months in an op without showers except when the HMMV's got serviced) No way I could have done that if weight counted in the postage.

Interesting Patton connection between your Dad and my son. He was in the re-activated 3rd of the 509th Airborne Battalion which were the original paratroopers at the Battle of the Bulge. They stationed and trained them for a year at Ft. Richardson, Alaska before sending them to the desert for 14 months :scratch2:

My dad was a mail clerk in Patton's 3rd Army, 10thAD. Not a fun job but he sure was popular! The weather was the least of his worries.:no:APO-Army Post Office

I became friends with my mail lady, and when i have packages out for delivery she texts me !

I've been shipping stuff with the USPS for over ten years and have never had an item damaged and only one "lost" but it was returned to me, so I really done count it.

This includes hundreds of international shipments too. Pretty damn good if you ask me.

I have no idea how many thousands of packages of vinyl I have shipped Media Mail over the last 8 years or so. Every single one was accounted for. Every package delivered, with 2 or 3 returned to me. No complaints here.

I got a Stromberg-Carlson integrated via USPS yesterday. It was mailed out Teusday from north Jersey and got to me 2 days later in perfect condition.

Ordered some parts from Mouser Friday, recieved them today

A few months ago I shipped a package to Japan, buyer recieved on day #4

They have never lost an item of mine for more than a few days, I use them whenever possible

Back in 2005, I got my Yamaha tuner from an eBay seller sent in a cardboard box with zero padding and plenty of empty space in and around it, from Kentucky to Massachusetts in three days.
By all rights I should have gotten a box full of broken junk. Instead, the tuner arrived without a single scratch and worked perfectly.

Update...

So I placed three orders Friday of last week, one to Mouser, one to Antique Electric and the orther to Parts Connexion.

Mondat Christmas Eve I checked mail box approx 2:00 pm and did get my order from Mouser, cool. Yesterday Christmas when I backed out of driveway I seen another box stuffed in mailbox. The maiman allready stooped once on Monday, wondering if the stopped again to make sure I gort the package before the holiday opposed to me waiting on it. Surely they did not deliver on Chrismas day ? Maybe the Fat Man ??

These days:The Good :Free Pickup! Priority is a great deal and gets there in 2 days as often as not. Free boxes. Saturday deliveries. Great letter carriers.
The Bad: All bets off on carriers day off or vacation. There are some downright mean people at the post office to ignore your problem if you call. Tracking and insurance can be a great joke.
Ten Years ago: The Good: It always,always got there in good shape and on time no matter where you sent it and for less than the competition. Period.

Printing out labels online and not having to wait in the PO line. Having them pick up packages right at my door!

They did an awesome job for me this holiday season. I lost 1 CD shipment, just gave the guy a refund. I shipped over 260 items.

If my carrier sees me walking into the PO when I make an early AM drop he'll give me any incoming packages I may have. You can't beat that for customer service. I gave him a card with a nice tip in it.

Before I lost my day job thanks to the economy, I did direct mail for over 25 years. Always working well with many of the large USPS mail processing facilities called SCF's. When I got transferred to a small town in northern WI the local Postmaster bent over backwards to help us out.

99.9% of my dealings with the USPS are top notch. Can't remember the last time something went bad.

Back
Top Bottom