Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by AJXD, Nov 30, 2006.

1. reeltime

reeltime New Member

Want to share my 2250B with you. I restored it last December and when listening to it hours become minutes... The state is nearly mint.
    Sounds very well on my Infinity Kappa 7.2 - above there's a Nakamichi Stereo Receiver which is also sounding very audiophile.
    Picture comes from smartphone...

01_2250B.jpg

CoryS06 and gizmo124 like this.
  2. steveeb

steveeb New Member

Can't say this is "mine", but it's in my possession until further notice. The case (pictured) is pretty torn up, Someone in the past must have tried picking it up by the screen and ripped it up/off in the back. Also the holes in the bottom have been torn , but I've monkeyed with it and got everything sounding perfect. Not a hum, or a pop, or a crackle in the audio.

IMG_0291.JPG

P.S. The photo shows a burned out "stereo" bulb, that I fixed before taking the video.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    monkboughtlunch likes this.
  3. jhtstone

jhtstone StarShine 10/23/2014

As with the other thread started with the same intent, reported.

4. CoryS06

CoryS06 Active Member

I have a Marantz TT 330 and I'm wanting to upgrade the stylus and cartridge. Any suggestions? I've been told to look in to getting a Shure M97xE. Also this is an automatic, can I replace the tonearm on this model as well?

Attached Files:

5. CoryS06

CoryS06 Active Member

Whats the story on this? How were you able to get so much at once

6. CC Moo

CC Moo New Member

Hate top hitch hike on your post, but don't see anyway to post a separate entry...

7. CC Moo

CC Moo New Member

I have a Marantz 2226 that I bought new in 1977 when I was in the military. Stereo indicator lamp stopped working, doesn't look blown. Ordered a light kit cause all lights had eventually blown, even the pointer light stopped for a while but works again after being unplugged for six months.
    Two of the lamps in the package with leads glow differently, one weak and one bright, but neither work when connected to the old stereo indicator leads. All the fuse lamps worked fine and the pointer light wasn't blown so left it alone. Never soldered anything on a circuit board so... any help would be great!

Mono Switch is out and tuned to an FM station with a strong signal.

Well, spoke too soon 250V 2A fuse that runs the lights just blew so now their all out, help.
    7-1-17 Update. Re-soldered a deteriorated couple of spots on the back of P100 (Front FM board) and Stereo indicator light worked for a little while. Aimed my digital thermometer (thanx Harbout Freight) around this area and it's heating up to 120-160F in the center of the board (probaly what blew the 2A fuse). Can I find a P100 board?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  8. CC Moo

CC Moo New Member

Anyone on this site?

9. Chrisxo55441

Chrisxo55441 AK Subscriber Subscriber

post a separate thread in the marantz forum - titled something like - need help with my 2226 - im sure someone will chime in on that- this thread is for showing off your marantz gear not getting help

10. monkboughtlunch

monkboughtlunch Super Member

Nice piece. Does the 19 use vellum paper behind the dial like the later 22xx series? I have an 18 and I'm curious as to why the FM tuning indicator needle is so hard to see. Is the needle white in color? The 18 has side illumination (with printing on the glass). Does the 19 exclusively use rear illumination for the dial (with no side lights to help display the tuning needle)?

11. tsinuski

tsinuski New Member

My first stereo
    2270 with wooden case.

12. Chrisxo55441

Chrisxo55441 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Great place to start :thumbsup:

13. Bubbalouie

Bubbalouie Active Member

The only Marantz I have is the NA7004 network audio player that I've had for over three years. The best tuner I've ever had.

14. monkboughtlunch

monkboughtlunch Super Member

My Model Eighteen. This was the first Marantz receiver -- in production from 1967 ~ 1970.

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

Denten and Chrisxo55441 like this.
  15. chicks

chicks Lunatic Member

Playing around with the Nikkor 135mm f/2.8 iS thrift store lens found yesterday. 270mm equivalent on my camera, so from all the way across the room, lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skylab likes this.
  16. Bert 1100

Bert 1100 Super Member

deleted

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  17. Talon884

Talon884 New Member

Finally put my entertainment center back together ....
    DSC_5772.JPG DSC_5788.JPG DSC_5812.JPG DSC_5820.JPG DSC_5808.JPG DSC_5809.JPG DSC_5784.JPG

FOH Engineer, Chrisxo55441 and Skylab like this.
  18. Dearslayer

Dearslayer AK Subscriber Subscriber

Talon... Love the look of your set up. i have some LED's behind my own gear but it isn't nearly as noticeable as I would like it to be. Trying to find an indoor flood style has proven difficult so far. Any suggestions?

GT.

19. Talon884

Talon884 New Member

I used these from Amazon for $15, comes with a remote to control / change the light color. They go along the backside top of the rack and down about 6 inches on each side, I also used small wire retaining clips to hold in place as the supplied tape wasn't all that good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YXSQOV4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20. Dearslayer

Dearslayer AK Subscriber Subscriber

Awesome thanks for the link. I'm currently building a new steel frame stand for my setup so maybe I will give these a try when I'm done.

GT.