Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by AJXD, Nov 30, 2006.

1. KR7600

KR7600 Well-Known Member

I prefer my Marantz 2500 to my Sansui G22000. I haven't listen to the Sansui in probably 9 years.

MistaChen likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. The Fuxtor

The Fuxtor AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hows that one pushing the JBL's??

3. MistaChen

MistaChen Active Member

Loving it man! So glad we could do a deal on this thing. You do realize you've become my (electronics) pusher man, right?

4. The Fuxtor

The Fuxtor AK Subscriber Subscriber

Haha, keeps me from having a storage room that looks like yours!

MistaChen likes this.
  5. AnalogueBen

AnalogueBen New Member

2017-12-07 04.44.42.jpg First Marantz I bought was a 1060 a few years ago when wanting to get into vintage audio, now I have in my collection;
    A second 1060
    104 tuner
    140 Power Amplifier
    3200 Pre
    5010B Tape Deck
    2245 and a 2285B

I'm not going to collect more, I've enough to last me a couple of lifetimes I think :)
    Ben

MistaChen and Te-Te like this.
  6. francisco00

francisco00 New Member

I've acquired some more gear. :) Marantz Esotec Stack.jpg

7. StereoJohn

StereoJohn New Member

WP_20171211_00_17_22_Rich.jpg WP_20171211_00_21_27_Rich.jpg WP_20171211_00_16_04_Rich.jpg

My mint inside out locally retail recent acquired Marantz 2265b stereo receiver! (component below front and rear pics now made at home).

Only flaw dail pointer bulb when home by taxi proved to be blown. In the shop it stil worked DARN! Sotospeak ;-) And......tape 1 play switch button needs to be cleaned. As we all know, a common issue with these kind of typical Marantz fake Alps switches and buttons; even when they were only a few years old. But other then that perfect for a piece of old Marantz gear!

Love the looks and sound and its still as new, thats why i bought this one. Not for its reliability cause they never were and thats why Marantz went bankrupt in 1984 (No offence Don Sr. sotospeak; although ur good old daddy Frits Philips etc. etc. etc. had to save your ass back then, didnt they.....haha).
    Enfin; memory lane thus! Next $$ less in my wallet for an orig. woodcase in good condition or i have one made like origional. Or even more tempting; try make one myself .

O also got a Marantz 6100 TT. No pics course i only downpayed at same pawnshop. Will pay the rest/pick it up end this month course my wallet started leaking heavly when i bought and fully payed at same day this 2265b and a mac 2100 and some other gear you see! As a result a month full of $2,- CAD macbacons, noodle soup, cheap sirup Nescafe canned beans ravioli cocacola eggs pinabutter bananas and lots of canned tuna and bulk wholesale chunks of ham and spam ;-) . Thats the life of a hifi collector freak like me! Course sometimes beeing me really sucks you see. Damm you compulsive hifi addiction of mine and of others sotospeak. But other the that; All is fine and dandy in my pathetic but succesfull live more or less sotospeak according to my immaginairy sexy female hifi fairy living in my head, and thus helass not in my bed! But she is as crazy like i am so her comforting reasurence that all is fine and dandy is no garanty either. O well.......whatever ;-) In my head shes atleast good in bed, thus shes def. a keepert sotoagainspeak!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Te-Te and Denten like this.
  8. StereoJohn

StereoJohn New Member

yeah you did !!! Nice stuff to say the least ;-)

9. TDTM

TDTM New Member

Hey guys!

Here's a Marantz 6370Q I picked up a could of weeks ago. This thing is MINT. It came with the original box, packing, and everything.

The story I got from the original owner is that his brother bought it for him while he was in the service in Germany. The brother had it shipped to him, and he's had it ever since. It's lived in a box for the past 15 years. I just had to add some oil for the cue dampener and it was good to go.

IMG_2917.JPG IMG_2939.JPG IMG_2817.JPG IMG_2820.JPG

It even has the original shipping label to the store in Germany.

IMG_2814.JPG

Attached Files:

10. Bert 1100

Bert 1100 Super Member

Great stuff guys !!!

:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::beerchug:

Hey, don't kill yourself eating that junkfood :confused:

11. onepixel

onepixel .

12. Chrisxo55441

Chrisxo55441 AK Subscriber Subscriber

onepixel likes this.
  13. onepixel

onepixel .

Oh yeah. I've posted the front a number of times. Figured the back side is interesting and has been neglected. When I used to put it next to the 4100. There were even more smiles.

14. onepixel

onepixel .

15. Osibisa

Osibisa AK Subscriber Subscriber

WOW, that 5220 is gorgeous!!!

16. jstang

jstang Honey,I can't hear you... Subscriber

Have to work on my esthetics :smoke:..... Then again my ears can't see.... and my eyes can't hear.... :)

I am smoke free, not clutter free... Clean up next on the to do list....:whip:

Over 500lbs of stuff.... good thing it's in the basement, otherwise floor loading might be an issue... :D

IMG_2373.JPG =

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Te-Te likes this.

17. JamVal

JamVal Super Member

Christmas gift from my son; Marantz PM350 & ST310
    MarantzPM350ST310.JPG

FOH Engineer and Te-Te like this.
  18. jstang

jstang Honey,I can't hear you... Subscriber

Santa Son....

FOH Engineer likes this.
  19. schoocom

schoocom New Member

Hi guys,
    I own since years a 6300 and I recently picked its little sister up, the 6100. A perfect working condition unit, that didn't suffer too much of the years going on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like this one as much as the 6300.

20. onemug

onemug AK Subscriber Subscriber

Curious...Do you have any concern about the bottom 9's heat on the upper 9 with that shelf not blocking any of the heat?

FOH Engineer and Chrisxo55441 like this.