5010B
5025B x3
5025 w/case
5030 w/ case
2226B

pics on E-Bay

6200 x 2
6170Q

Welcome to AK, Chuter! You have a lot of nice stuff there--way more than I have.:yes: The 2285B is a favorite.

Marantz gear

Thanks for the welcome, I didn't want to list my other non-Marantz gear, you'de really think I was crazy! For the last couple of years I have been refurbishing cassette decks for X-Mas time on E-Bay. Not a lot of money to be made but it's a hobby and it makes some people happy.

Only 9!

For some reason, I am unable to post my pics on AK. Anyone else having the same problem?
I noticed that a few people are posting their pics in this thread, but where are the others? It seems to me that there should be more. I hope they are not having the same probs as me.

Anyway, here is a list of Marantz pieces. Pics to follow when this gets straightened out.

2500 two of them with cases
510M power amp
3600 pre amp
120 tuner
18 Receiver
140 power amp
2285B

So far:

2325 Receiver
5220 Cassette Deck
6350Q TT
HD-880 Speakers

Love them all! :music:

Attachments

• Marantz2325.jpg
    Marantz2325.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 375
  • Marantz5220.jpg
    Marantz5220.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 326
  • Marantz6350Q.jpg
    Marantz6350Q.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
So you that guys finally pulled it off I see. When did this forum appear?

I've got a few marantz units:

a 150 tuna (will be selling soon)
an SD 4000 2-speed cassette deck (broken)
an AV9000 Tuner-Pre in my video system.

But I'd really love to have a 10b, an 8b, a pair of 9s, and a 2130.

My dad has a 112 tuner, and a 1060 int. amp that he bought new, and I grew up with.

I now personaly have a 2238B. In time I would like to get my hands on: a 120 tuner, 1060 intergrated amp, 2265B rec, 2285B rec, 2330B rec, and a 4400 quad receiver to top the list off....

Ooops, sorry, I thought this was the NAD forum. While I'm in here though,
I'd like to say I enjoy my 2220B and my 2252B.:D

Here's my inventory

2015 (just sold yesterday)
2220 (I let my wife use it)
2230 with Walnut case - being professionally modified as I write this
2245 my favorite sounding unit ( currently on loan to my church)
2265 in use in my music room

Can't decide whether I'll move the modded 2230 to the music room or use it in my bedroom. I'm currently running a Concept 6.5 there.

Michael

Just a few to mention,

2220B - Aquired at a garage sale. I bought a pair of funky looking transmission line speakers for $35 (asking $70) and as I was leaving, the guy said that he had an old marantz receiver that he didn't use anymore (was used for the speakers that I had just bought) and was wondering if I was interested in it. He brought out a minty 2220B, and for an extra $5 I was an owner. Reason for selling, he just got this brand new DVD surround sound all in wonder special w 5 plastic speakers and an overdriven and underpaid subfrapper that took up much less space in their livingroom. Thank god for WAF and BPC. The two best things in vintage audio.

2245 - also minty - Aquired from my grandmother as I traded her for a spaceship looking mini system that had a CD player in it. She needed a CD player and wanted something that she could change easily between the two different radio talk shows that she listened to daily. Loves it. Also aquired with the 2245 came the JBL Decade 36's, a Sony TC-161SD top loader cassette and a Dual CS701 with an almost never used Shure V15 III. She loved her Christmas gift and was glad to get rid of that old junk. As I was cleaning it out of her cabinet and setting up the new flashy wonder of technology, stumbled upon an envelope containing all of the literature that came with it including the manuals, warranty cards, set-up/maintenance supplements, and the bill of sale. Bought new Feb 16 1976 from Advance Stereo in Winnipeg MB Canada for a package price of $1674 coming to $1757.70 after taxes. "What do you want with all that old junk anyways?" Thanks for the Christmas gift Grandma. BTW, the gift was the usual old envelope under the tree containing $100. Or was it??....

Marantz 1122DC - also minty - found at a garage sale and grabbed it a split second before another guy that was peering over my shoulder waiting to see if I was going to set it back down. God that thing was heavy to carry, especially since it also had a Technics SH 9010 rack mount EQ (also minty except for the screw marks in the paint in the rack handles). Reason for selling. Surround sound DVD system. That guy was watching me like a hawk as I was talking to the seller testing the units in the plugs in the garage to prove that they actually powered up. $20 for the Amp, $10 for the EQ, walked away with the both for a package price of $25.

EQ 551 - nice shape. $30 from a local Pawn.

That's about it. All $60 worth.

Edit: Sorry also forgot one...

PM750 DC a gold cream puff integrated that I found at a local pawn for $50. It took a lot of elbow grease and cleaner to get this one cleaned, but underneath the layers of grime and nicotine (previously enjoyed by a smoker...) it now sparkes and operates like a charm. I haven't spent a lot of time with this one, but I think that it has potential. When I get a chance, I may sit down and compare them. When I do, I will post some family pics along with the rest of all their relatives (maybe nudies also!!) that reside in my large walk in closet that I have turned into my giant toybox. Stay tuned!!

All $110 worth.

Guess I should be here as a minor Marantz dude, only 2 2270's one with a case, many friends slack jawed at the HT with the 2270 into the DCM's 2 channel? Ha Ha!!:banana: the Martin Logan room gets even more respect with the 2270 into various amps mainly the SAE A202 and the Kennie M1D:yes: So let's treat this site with the respect it deserves.

Mine have been very reiliable

Marantz 8b amp
Marantz 7c pre-amp

Both were my fathers who bought them new from Saul Marantz in New York in the '60s. I have owned countless solid state setups and a few tube rigs but none can compare.

Chrisssssssss said:
2220B - ...Reason for selling, he just got this brand new DVD surround sound all in wonder special w 5 plastic speakers and an overdriven and underpaid subfrapper that took up much less space in their livingroom. Thank god for WAF and BPC. The two best things in vintage audio.

LOL! There's one born every minute! :smoke:

My list...

Here is my list of components:

2250b Receiver
1060 Amp
SD 800 Cassette deck
5010b Cassette deck (2)
1060 TT?

That's it for now...:scratch2:
Still buying...:yes:
John.:music:

Back