Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

My new to me 2250B.

I gave it a deep cleaning,now it's all shiny and pretty.

Although,there is a tiny bit of pop/noise with the tone control knob.

I have the 2250B connected to a pair of JBL L100's.

Wow!This thing is amazing!

Now,I'm hunting down a 2270.

FullSizeRender.jpg

1030 Console Stereo Amplifier 105B Tunerimage.jpeg .....my favorite source for 50's era Jazz on vinyl great detail..sounds wonderful pushing large Advents or Sony 7506 headphones. Partners really well with a modded late 90's Magnavox CD player....

140 Power amp ......Meters calibrated ...completely cleaned up and very little else needed.... but having all caps and done as we speak...looking to make this last a lifetime with the 1030 in front of it as pre amp....

5200 ......Cassette Deck currently under minor construction....Meter calibrations and blue led's finished and caps done ...awaiting belt kit

2440 Recieverimage.jpeg Complete cap and resistor renovation early 2016 ... best reciever I've ever owned. Fantastic for 70's Rock and loud listening sessions without ear fatigue...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Just picked up this Model 140 for the price of a bottle of wine in trade! I'm new to Marantz, so I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship...:rolleyes:

IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

Way clean. Can't wait to get mine back from the shop. After it comes back I'll be looking for a clean faceplate so if any one has a source I'd be grateful for a lead..

If you can wiggle them out it doesn't hurt to spray paint the inside of the reflectors white they were brown and yellowish from the heat off the old lamps making the reflection of the blue lights a little green blue, after painting they look perfect Marantz blue...With led's no heat so no browning of the reflectors over time..btw the blue led's are about $9.00 for 5 from Parts Express delivered..

meter lamps on the 140 are pretty easy, just pull the cover and one screw on each meter I think, certainly worth the effort.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm not a tech by any stretch of the imagination, but I could probably handle that lol.

It's really the buzzing that worries me, like I'm going to get a big surprise any second if I keep it running...

Someone here on AK reached out to me for resto, so when I'm ready to jump in, I'll probably check in with them. I seem to have a growing ecosystem of gear that needs restoration, so I need invest wisely...

btw the blue led's are about $9.00 for 5 from Parts Express delivered
Are the LEDs a straight swap with the existing lamps, or is there some tweaking I'd need to do? Any concerns with replacing them with non-original materials? Thanks...

Straight swap, they look like the fuses in older cars and have clips on either end just held by friction/pressure...unplug unscrew the two screws on each reflector top where the wires are gathered and carefully pry the wired panel up and remove/ replace the fuse lamps...should take 15 mins or less...4 cabinet screws on the outside...have fun.

Straight swap, they look like the fuses in older cars and have clips on either end just held by friction/pressure...unplug unscrew the two screws on each reflector top where the wires are gathered and carefully pry the wired panel up and remove/ replace the fuse lamps...should take 15 mins or less...4 cabinet screws on the outside...have fun.
Thanks FOH—I do believe I will order these in the morning...
:beerchug:

8 volt by the way...be well !!!

Got the blue LEDs in today and swapped them out. As easy as you said :) and it looks AWESOME. (I replaced two lamps in each meter, but the package came with five...am I missing one?)

Here's the real issue, though:
I brought it up on the variac again just to have more control over voltage and also to pay attention to when the loud buzzing starts (the 140 service manual mentions a variac, so I think it's ok...)

The buzzing starts at around 90v and gets pretty intense around 110v, and then all of a sudden "click" and the buzzing stops.

I do it a few more times and I see that the sound is coming from a clear box in the rear with a spring in it and something that looks a cap with omron DC24v printed on it (what I now know is the power relay).

Big problem? I know I need to get this recapped and serviced, but I'm hoping that this power relay issue won't be too difficult/pricey to fix...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Got the blue LEDs in today and swapped them out. As easy as you said :) and it looks AWESOME. (I replaced two lamps in each meter, but the package came with five...am I missing one?)

Here's the real issue, though:
I brought it up on the variac again just to have more control over voltage and also to pay attention to when the loud buzzing starts (the 140 service manual mentions a variac, so I think it's ok...)

The buzzing starts at around 90v and gets pretty intense around 110v, and then all of a sudden "click" and the buzzing stops.

I do it a few more times and I see that the sound is coming from a clear box in the rear with a spring in it and something that looks a cap with omron DC24v printed on it (what I now know is the power relay).

Big problem? I know I need to get this recapped and serviced, but I'm hoping that this power relay issue won't be too difficult/pricey to fix...

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sounds like a relay but it may be browning out from bringing up the power slowly sustained low power isn't good for it.
I'd vote the relay but I have no knowledge about the circumstances of the amp..Caps and cold cracked solder joints can cause loads of troubles...a good tech with good parts sources can get it up quickly into perfect form.

I just tried plugging in directly without the variac and it did the same thing. I'll need to get it serviced to know for sure—
Thanks—

Back
Top Bottom