Post Your Micro 4/3's Still Life Shots

Hey HH!! You trying to steal my ideas, techniques, thunder, etc. etc.?? You basitd!! :D

Nice shot of the extremely elusive "magna-firma-circum-pectus shell". I don't believe I have ever seen one before till now. My life is now complete.

Now, for the sixty four thousand dollar question: Was that an LED flash light or just your run of the mill flash light? The color temperature makes a huge difference otherwise, you know. :D

Now, what about the promised fisheye photos?

Oops. Done. In the Oly thread. I love it.

If I HAD used a Mag Light(tm) it might have been an LED. Not worried about color temp because this thing/LEDS never get hot? :drool: {And God said, Let there be Black and White!}

Have had that bellows and other junk squirreled away for probably 20 years. First time I ever used it.

:yes:

E-PL1, Nikkor 105 f4 macro, 1/4 sec @ f ?, hmmm...I changed it before I recorded it. I'm forgetful at my age sometimes. Some softness applied to the image to create a soft textural quality to the petals.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SunFlower_1.jpg
    SunFlower_1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 28
Sunflower #2

BTW- these are real sunflowers picked from the side of the road on my way back from breakfast this morn. I snagged them when no one was looking figuring no one would miss a few. So don't tell anybody. :no: :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sunflower_2.jpg
    Sunflower_2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 27
Sunflower #3
E-PL1, Nikkor 105 F4 Macro, Exposure: Natural window light @ 1/4 sec wide open.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sunflower_3.jpg
    Sunflower_3.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 25
And the last sunflower shot of this series and probably my favorite of the series with this rendition. This one may end up on my wall. This E-PL1 with my Nikkor lenses is really beginning to impress me.

Same exposure as with #3.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sunflower_4.jpg
    Sunflower_4.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 26
Nice one Jesse! The E-PL1 is pretty impressive on what it can do for the price of it. I'm glad I got one last year. :yes:

Thanks, Will. It has really been a fun little camera to use and play with. I now have several adapters and am looking to get the Minolta one next.

Well I just had to print one of the Sunflower #4 at 11" x 14.5" on Canson's Baryta paper and it came out simply gorgeous and the posted image does not do it justice. This one will find room on the wall in my house for sure once I mat it and frame it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sflower_print.jpg
    sflower_print.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Nice one, Will, and about time you posted here. I wonder what the same image would look like with some light added to the inside of the covered bridge? Maybe having someone stand inside and popping a flash? :scratch2:

Nice one, Will, and about time you posted here. I wonder what the same image would look like with some light added to the inside of the covered bridge? Maybe having someone stand inside and popping a flash? :scratch2:

I don't know Jesse, being dark inside adds some mystery to it, JMHO.

Couple of shots with the new Oly 45mm f/1.8. Amazed at how small and light this is compared to my legacy glass fifties. Need to get used to this newfangled AF thing. :)

1342146835263.jpg

1342146618231.jpg

Back
Top Bottom