Post your photography!!

Some pics from a field near my house in the last couple of days. Shot with a cheap point and shoot (if you couldn't tell) for documentation purposes. I was bush whacking a bit and I wanted to carry something tiny.

Bladder Campion:

DSC00435 copy.JPG

Staghorn sumac:

DSC00434 copy.JPG

Stonecrop sedum:

DSC00446 copy.JPG
DSC00440 copy.JPG

Viper's Bugloss flower:

DSC00454 copy.JPG

Evening Lychnis with pods:

DSC00462 copy.JPG

Bindweed flowers. This creeps like a vine:

DSC00465 copy.JPG

Daisies, Cow Vetch, and clover:

DSC00484 copy.JPG

This plant is known as "Ground Ivy", "Creeping Charlie", or "Gill-Over-the-Ground":

DSC00487 copy.JPG

Northern Flicker:

DSC00443 copy.JPG

More...

Unknown. Perhaps it's cinquefoil?

DSC00503 copy.JPG
DSC00510 copy.JPG

Unknown:

DSC00504 copy.JPG
DSC00505 copy.JPG DSC00505 copy.JPG

Unknown. This looks similar to a couple things, but the height of it kind of threw me off. It's about 30 inches tall:

DSC00506 copy.JPG

Different species of bees on Cow Vetch flowers:

DSC00515 copy.JPG
DSC00517 copy.JPG

Three green sweat bees on a single Staghorn sumac floret. The sheer amount of bees and species of bees buzzing around them was staggering:

DSC00521 copy.JPG
DSC00520 copy.JPG

Daisy Fleabane:

DSC00526copy.JPG

What kind of camera do you consider a 'cheap point and shoot' Eywadude?

A Sony DSC-WX220. I bought it as a kit for $140 with a bag, mini tripod, and card (I don't use any of those things though). It takes very good images for what it is. It requires good light to get decent images, and it has its limitations of course, but within those limitations, it's still able to crank out some pleasing shots. Also as a side note: all the images above are compressed down into the 240-600k range for ease of uploading. They aren't even full resolution. ;) I may have to post more images from it here later. Cheers.

sony_dscwx220_b_dsc_wx220_cybershot_digital_cam_1073679.jpg

Last edited:
@Old Ears too As promised, here are some pictures taken with the camera above. Again, keep in mind that this camera has certain limitations, as all point-and-shoot cameras do, but overall it's capable of taking some nice shots. All of these are completely unedited, non-cropped, straight-from-the-camera shots. The only thing that has been done to them is resizing/compression of the file sizes for ease of uploading. Most of these images are in the 350-600k file size range instead of their normal 4 to 6.5MB sizes, so color and contrast gradation might not be perfect, and there may be a little artifact-ing, as to be expected due to the compression. Also, AK's uploader might mess with the images a bit too. Anyway, here's some shots with the Sony DSC-WX220:

DSC00010.JPG
DSC00013.JPG
DSC00014.JPG

Unfortunately, this camera, like most point-and-shoot cameras, struggles with lens flare. However, I included this image because I was impressed with the overall crispness of this shot. This was shot all the way at the end of its 10x optical zoom range too. All things considered, it's pretty impressive. Pity about the lens flare though.

DSC00016.JPG
DSC00023.JPG
DSC00028.JPG
DSC00045.JPG
DSC00048.JPG
DSC00057.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom