Post your waterfall pics

Erik Tracy

Everyone's happy when the wizard walks by
Was wistfully thinking about waterfalls and thought it may make for an interesting thread (maybe a sticky??).

Just waterfalls - pictures you have personally taken.

I'll start with a picture that I thought turned out ok of Grizzly Falls in the Kings Canyon area of Sequoia Nat'l Park.

Not the biggest falls, but the colors were right.

Grizzly-Falls.jpg

These were taken in a very remote section of SE Alaska called Fords Terror which is a fjord carved out with ice several miles long. It is only accessible by boat and because the entrance is only a hundred feet across and the tide fluctuates some 20 feet you can only get in there in high slack tide. Other times the current is roaring at 20 knots, hence the name! I saw literally hundreds of waterfalls cascading down the sides of mountains which had the strange appearance of waterfalls falling from the clouds!

Point of order ... not a pic, but a movie, and you didn't specify "natural feature" ... <G>

http://www.brainfartz.com/images/Gardens/movies/PondWaterfall.MPG

(I made it myself - all I gotta do is stroll out the back yard and there it is. Just gotta remember to turn it on first, but I've got a remote control by the door. Falls go on, falls go off, falls go on ... )

Fun part was "tuning" the sound. There's a real specific relationship between overhang, how far the water drops, and how deep each pool is.

Last edited:
Point of order ... not a pic, but a movie, and you didn't specify "natural feature" ... <G>

http://www.brainfartz.com/images/Gardens/movies/PondWaterfall.MPG

(I made it myself - all I gotta do is stroll out the back yard and there it is. Just gotta remember to turn it on first, but I've got a remote control by the door. Falls go on, falls go off, falls go on ... )

Fun part was "tuning" the sound. There's a real specific relationship between overhang, how far the water drops, and how deep each pool is.
Well, it's 'my' thread so I get to make the rules and as long as it's a waterfall, I'm ok with it :thumbsup:

Well done.

Tough crowd.

Got one more worthy of a post.

Lower 'falls' from Zion National Park - kinda small for the season, but still...
lower-fall.jpg

Last edited:
Was in Washington State dropping off my youngest son to WSU...we took a day trip out to Palouse Falls to checkout the waterfall there.

190 ft drop.

The lighting was horrid - middle of the day, brutally hot in the mid-90s...and the water rate is reflective of midsummer 'low'. Still, pretty impressive.

Palouse-Falls-1.jpg

Palouse-Falls-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom