Postings not showing up in New Posts

Davron94

Is there a setting that keeps your posts from showing up in the "New Posts" listings? Every time I post a response to something, it does not show up in the New Posts list, or it will an hour after I post it.

Further to that, when someone replies to the thread, that post will appear, as a new post, and yours will show up above it.

Moderation Note:

New posts are those which you have not yet seen. If you make a post, you have seen it, hence it is not new to you.

Rich P

Ok, that does not make much sense to me. Regardless whether or not I have seen it, if it is the latest post in a new or existing thread it should still come up in the listing whether I have opened it or not. This is true for other people's posts that are "new" and I have opened and viewed. They are in bold until they are viewed by me. Once viewed, the title is not bold but it is still on the list.They will still be on the list until another subsequent post in that thread is made.

Moderation Note:

This feature is for folks that like to keep up to date on all posts for a period of time. When you have gone through the list of "new" posts, the next step is to "mark forums read" in the upper right. The only posts that will show the next time you present "new" posts are those that contain posts that have been put up since you marked all forums read. That way, nothing gets by you, up to a maximum of 20 pages of new post listings.

We mods use this feature extensively.

Rich P

Last edited:
OK, that does not make much sense to me. Regardless whether or not I have seen it, if it is the latest post in a new or existing thread it should still come up in the listing whether I have opened it or not

On the "New Post" page it act like a marked a read, you make a post it will not show that or that thread on the new post page, until another new post happens there..

However if you want to see all the post you've made and treads you've already seen you can change your view. On the new post page top right of the list it says "Recent Posts" click on that and it will show everything you have and have not seen

Is there a setting that keeps your posts from showing up in the "New Posts" listings? Every time I post a response to something, it does not show up in the New Posts list, or it will an hour after I post it.

If you type out a "post", the forums recognize you as the poster and as such, it knows you have read it. The ONLY way around this, is to wear a disguise as you type your reply. You may have to disguise your computer too, as the forums are extremely clever. The forums achieve their maximum foolery when someone posts a new thread. That's when the hide and seek kicks into high gear.

If you type out a "post", the forums recognize you as the poster and as such, it knows you have read it. The ONLY way around this, is to wear a disguise as you type your reply. You may have to disguise your computer too, as the forums are extremely clever. The forums achieve their maximum foolery when someone posts a new thread. That's when the hide and seek kicks into high gear.

Funny...(but mostly not).

I get what the other guys are stating and it makes sense now. Thanks for explaining it Pustelnaikr , luvvinvinyl, and Dan.

There is a simple solution if that is what you want.

Just use recent posts instead. It will show ones most recent post.

I use it as a bookmark in my browser. It is my "home page" for AK.

I do this because of my broken, handicapped, poor health and medication impacted posts. As soon as I post, my post is at the top of the list and I open it and reread what I have posted, just as an exercise in proof reading.

In new posts, just click on recent posts and save it as a book mark if you want to.\

upload_2018-9-18_8-15-36.png

And just as an example of my most recent post...

upload_2018-9-18_8-19-19.png

This is what I see as soon as I past my post, or if I just click on my bookmark after posting, whether or not AK is open in my browser or not.

Another way to find one's own recent posts to threads that haven't otherwise been recently ("newly") posted to is to use "my content" under the poster's name at the top right, thus:

upload_2018-9-18_9-42-1.png

That'll give one a list, in "new to old" order, of one's posting history.

PS, one may view any member's "content" in a similar manner, as well. Thus:

upload_2018-9-18_9-44-58.png

Back
Top Bottom