Poultrygeist's systems continue to evolve

Switching gear around is something I enjoy and I think most of you do as well. For a few weeks now this is the system that drives the Zenith open baffles. Three watts is all the Bottlehead mono blocks make but that's plenty for the Zeniths which were designed to be driven by a flea watt tube amp. That's all they had in 1957 when the Zeniths were made.

Other gear in the system include a TPA3116 driving two 15" OB Eminence Alpha woofers, and an SD300 Yung plate amp powering a Dayton reference sub. A tube preamp is almost hidden from view. A Behringer active crossover is used on the woofers and sub. Sources include a Marantz SACD player, Schiit Modi MB, and a Chrome Cast Audio streamer.

The top of the rack is plastic lattice work spray painted back which ventilates those big hot tubes.

P1010029.jpg

The above system is paired with the 12" Zeniths shown here. On the opposite wall is another system, the Lowther open baffles. Next to the Lowther is one of two bucket subs. My wife made the gamecock quilt for my Christmas present.

P1010015 3.jpg

And last but not least is the gear used with the Lowthers. A Dennis Had Magnavox EL86 SE paired with a Bottlehead Foreplay III preamp drives the Lowthers while a Volt+D powers the woofers with a Ashly active crossover on the LF. There are two plate amps powering two bucket subs and a Dayton Reference sub. Sources include a Topping D30 DAC, Sony SACD player, Schiit Mani phono pre, Technics SL1300, Apple TV, Chrome Cast Audio, Sony tuner and Apple PC.

P1010016 2.jpg

With the ceiling fans blowing listening in the evenings is enjoyable. These Axiom Algonquins on the porch sound like OB's ( no room coloration ). They are powered by what Technics once called a "New Class A" (?) amp and fed by an SACD changer and Crome Cast Audio streamer. That gear is located inside. There's also a Marcato outdoor sub which helps as outside bass can be a challenge.

The arts and craft window is from a church that burned in 1953.

20150913_154708.jpg

Last edited:
The only constant in my systems seems to be change. Now I'm enjoying the APPJ/Miniwatt paired with the Sain Smart tube preamp and Audio GD DAC. The AGD receives it's digital input from a Chrome Cast Audio streamer and Rotel 855 CDP.

P1010001.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom