Power Button

welcomdmat

Everything on my pre-amp is sharp and crisp. Just recently, the power button seems to have become less responsive.

Last edited:
A momentary press is all that should be required. An electromagnetic switch is used for the power button. That type of switch is not user serviceable. I don't recall hearing anyone report a similar problem, where this style switch needs to be pushed and held; this switch type is extremely reliable and very very long lived.

I will put it to breaking in. This unit wasn't used until I purchased it (or it was in a system with another preamp that was heavily favored).

That would be unfortunate. It continues to work fine, so I will leave it alone until then.

Since it seems uncommon, I will chalk it up to the small nuances of any machine -- or perhaps it is an issue of my breaking with regard to this one piece in my system. That could very well be possible.

My notice was when I went to turn on the 712, I was consistently not turning it on after an extended period of creating a habitual practice to turn it on. Fortunately, it was the only questionably piece in my system.

Last edited:
When you press the power button you replicate the signal that is created via the remote control....ie there is logic circuit path that "tells" the unit to turn on.

It is not unexpected that a delay might be present as the logic circuit pathway is followed.....use the remote and just enjoy your music already... the unit dates from the mid 90s, 20 years old or so, so some "character" should be expected.

I had the same issue with my MX-132. It got progressively worse until I took it in to Audio Classics. Ryan said it was a known issue, and they did some sort of software update. This took care of the problem for me and it has not reoccurred in the three years since the service. .

Back
Top Bottom