Power lamp on SX-450 burned out I need help

ret27m

My Power lamp on SX-450 burned out, I got it apart and got to it but where would I find a bulb like this? I see where it is wire nutted in from the factory but on the bulb end does it just pull out of the rubber peice its mounted in? Thanks

I took it out and rewired mine to use a neon bulb and resistor connected to the 120v ac line instead of the dial lamp circuit. Way better and easier too.
Tom

Not with the original power switch:( Mine died so I had to replace it with a flat handle toggle switch on the rear panel. The original which is mounted on the main pc board was arcing and sputtering so bad the receiver wouldn't work hardly at all. I did use an NE-2H high brightness neon bulb with a 22kOhm half watt resistor in series with it. I have no clue how to do it with the original power switch in place. I'm very very sorry:(.

I have absolutely zero doubt that someone here in this forum will know exactly what bulb to replace it with, though. Patience, grasshopper! I didn't fix mine for resale, but just to keep it going for my own use.

Tom

Mine's not for resale either, I cant part with my stuff its became part of me. I figured out how to get the bulb out now all I need to find out is where to get one.

ret27m said:
My Power lamp on SX-450 burned out, I got it apart and got to it but where would I find a bulb like this? I see where it is wire nutted in from the factory but on the bulb end does it just pull out of the rubber peice its mounted in? Thanks

Hi,

I think most Pioneer units use 8 volt lamps, I suggest you write Bob Toepfer

at Vintage Electronics http://www.vintage-electronics.cc/lamp.html
hes got a lot of lamps in stock and is most likely able to provide you with the correct replacement lamp.

I replaced the pilot lamp on my SA 9800, ordered the lamp from Vintage Electronics.

Good luck :thmbsp:

regards Grosvenor

Back
Top Bottom