Power meters on front of 9090DB...

fliphandywork

He lives!!!
Please help. The left power meter shows that it is putting out a little bit more power than the right power meter. It's not very much... are these meters suppose to move the same amount when they are both playing the same music?

Thanks for the help.

My hero was a carpenter!

i read somewhere that someone else had a problem sortof like this and it was because their DC offset was bad or something? :dunno:

Not uncommon at all. Few amps have perfect gain from L to R channels. Consider that...a 3db increase in the volume level is considered 'just noticeable' (this varies from person to person, but suffice to say that a 3db increase in not a lot). OK, to achieve that 3db increase, it takes twice the power. Dwell on that...

So if one meter is reading, say 20W, and the other is at 23W, the difference in db is..what?...0.2db. Not significant.

It is still possible that your meters are not calibrated. But unless you have dummy loads (if you have a computer, and can make a cable, you've got a signal generator:D ) and a decent meter...and know where the meter calibration pot is, then you aren't going to get it done.

Overall, I wouldn't sweat it. If you happen to have it serviced for any reason, you might ask them to cal the meters. Otherwise, understand that amps aren't perfect and a small variation from one channel to the next is completely normal.

Back
Top Bottom